• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One for all you ex Wessex sumpies

I

ImCoolToo

Wessex Proble

Wessex Proble

I used to work on Wessex. It can be jacked up for a wheel change using a normal car bottle jack, under the jacking point on the inside of the leg

ok, thats handy to know, and how about the tyre change itself? We have spoken to all the major museums and MOD establishments (its an ex Navy Wessex - sorry to disappoint you!) but noone has any tyres or ideas. the Gambian Air Force were going to sell us one for £400+ !

Is it kust a simple as going to kwik-fit and asking to have a repair done? all we want it for is static display! Its not going anywhere!

She is inside the Army Training Area at Crowborough, East Sussex. If anyone is interested and wants to have a look, drop me a line and i'll try and organise it with the boss. If we get enough interest we could have a mini open day or something.

Dan

B

born free now trapped

Try asking here on the cosford site they have a few old mothballed wessexs

I

ImCoolToo

Wessex Tyre

Wessex Tyre

I will get my boss to ring around the RAF establishments. Turns out you regulars don't like picking up the phone to find a spotty cadet at the end!

Just to update, we have tried RAF Shawbury, RAF Odiahm (parent station), RAF Benson and Gosport.

We are now thinking about putting a press release in Aeroplane and Flypast and trying the Civvie route too.

As for pumping it, because its tubeless and so very much of the rim, it would do no good, all the air would just rush out the sides. Chances are the tyre is perrishing all the while it's sitting like it is.

We soldier on!

Back