• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay when achieving SAC (T) rank

Hey,

Quick question for the techies in TG1 or the HR bods.

Under the new PAY16 setup do you jump up a few levels on award of SAC (T) or just carry on normal jogging?

The old system used to jump you up to LCPL (OR3) pay level. Just wondered if this carried over the the new system?

Charz

Last edited:

ERT

Corporal
Page 37 refers to the info you have mentioned. Pay levels would have increased therefore refer to JSP 760.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...120/20160330_NEM-Pay16_Booklet_Rev_300316.pdf

From what I remember, i think you leave Cosford with SAC (T) tabs (i.e. O-P-S, said as Ohh..Peee..Sss) but you need to complete the NVQ/BTEC thingy, to become Q-Ops.. then it's back dated to the date of completion.

Can't remember the difference between O-P-S and Q-Ops..I think one was that you completed training, but not Q-H1 operational standard thingy-majig

Last edited:
You jump.

This is what the OR3 in NEM represents. A/C tech are on sup 3 so they jump from OR2 L whatever to OR3 (usually about L3)

Cheers gents.

Thought as much but couldn't find any evidence. I was asked by someone I know who's looking at joining and didn't want to give them duff gen.