• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plumber trade structure

• Thread starter Thread starter gemarriott
  • Start date Start date

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Does that mean we can get rid of EOD then...lol The amount of DUMB paveways I've seen...shall I carry on...lol

I don't know if switched on is the description but focused yes ... They're still not like proper armourers though. FFS they miss freckles out of the sylabus nowadays. I'm surprised at just a BTEC though surely all those stupid licensing regs must have some sort of qualification behind them?[/quote]

The BTEC NC in Aerospace Engineering is not actually a bad qualification (being recognised as an entrance requirement for a HNC/HND/Foundation Degree in Engineering).

The RAF AMA is also recognised by both the IET and UK EC for fast track to Engineering Technician (EngTech) and TMIET Professional Registration.

The BTEC National Award (currently metered out to Plumbers leaving Tossford) however......well, IMHO it's a "cheap" option worth about as much as a C&G Pt 1 in Aerospace Engineering.

Licensing Regs? Outside the trade, what good are they? - even a qualification in ex regs would be of little use unless you were going to do some sort of weapon trade in civvy street. You can join the Institute of Explosive Engineers if that's what floats your boat.

The best thing about working around explosives is an inherent ability to perform engineering tasks in a safe manner at all times. You don't get any second chances with things that go bang!

Back