• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potentially Sad Day...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I love rugby...I really do. I started playing it at 11 and finished at 38. I've watched it live at every level and on my return to the Lakes picked back up as a supporter at the club where it all began.

Potentially I am now going to fall out with that club...the reason may shock and dismay some but it's women! I also like women a lot but when they are practically running your club it changes the landscape...suddenly decisions don't make sense, you can't challenge one in the bar over a point of order because they get upset with confrontation and before you know it the club is a shadow of its former self.

What to do? Row and at least feel better about saying my piece and questioning process or bite my lip and accept the new order?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Rule Number 1 - The Chairman is always correct.

Rule Number 2 - Refer to Rule Number 1.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Can you put it into context Vim what the issue is with the whining, moaning, controlling, competitive, self-loving, selfish creatures Vim?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Picking up positions around the club then not doing them or doing them badly...avoiding talking about it when it is damaging the club. We have done a deal with Sainburys worth 7.5m for a new ground and we need to cut turf in May to achieve this and nothing but 'blonde moments' as excuses for not cracking on.

A rugby club at grass roots level needs a high percentage of people who have played the game to run it so the club stays focused on what's happening on the pitch...not thinking about opening granary cafe's and having craft evenings...

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sounds like you need to get yourself on the committee or walk mate....

It's funny, I too have returned to the club I played at as a junior after 20+ years with the intention of getting my son involved, and sadly its in the exact same stagnant state as when I left it....I'll probably take him further away so he can play for a well organised club.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Sounds like you need to get yourself on the committee or walk mate....

He's right Vim. Though things like putting even basic errors in running the club to "blond moments" is beyond forgiveable and shows that there is an endemic rot and total lack of want to improve or run things properly. However I think that even getting on the committee may be too little too late to save things unless you can get the backing of the vast majority of the club's members to turn things over. If you can' achieve this, then it may be time to turn your back on the club?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A rugby club at grass roots level needs a high percentage of people who have played the game to run.........not thinking about opening granary cafe's and having craft evenings...

Just for the benefit of the pack, how about asking the wimmin to research opening a hookers bar. Spritzers for props anyone:pDT_Xtremez_42:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
He's right Vim. Though things like putting even basic errors in running the club to "blond moments" is beyond forgiveable and shows that there is an endemic rot and total lack of want to improve or run things properly. However I think that even getting on the committee may be too little too late to save things unless you can get the backing of the vast majority of the club's members to turn things over. If you can' achieve this, then it may be time to turn your back on the club?

Just returned on the team coach after only the 3rd league loss of the season and the signs are worrying although not entirely the fault of 'females'...when you eventually get turned over you need to regroup and do it as a group process ie go get ****ed, fight, argue and make up in time for training Tuesday...there was 5 players on the return coach and not one of the club coaches who gave the team a bollocking then poked off via private lifts...utterly disgusted in the lack of leadership.

Get on the committee? Can't...they have a board of governors and have just voted 'charity status' which will cause issues should we ever rejoin the national leagues and need to pay players...people who have never played, never bled, never hurt and will never know what it's like to be part of a team rule the roost and only see potential for financial gain...

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
With any of these voluntary groups you either have to get involved whilst being sensitive to others, yet still trying to get done what needs to be done.

Or you stand at the side and let it roll on.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just had some confrontation with one of them...when she saw me coming she about turned and started to leg it...finally shouted her to a stop and commented 'surprised you didn't stop earlier since I was following your name from 20 Fettiye away on a quiet part of the park!' Then a number of straight questions got a bunch of lies...classic zero eye contact and repeating a party line rather than anything resembling the truth...fecking shambles.

I hear you about the getting involved but it's small town politics...to some there it's all they've got and its twisted their perspective on what matters/is real life. I've learned a valuable lesson since leaving about these situations...don't get involved unless you can lower yourself to their level of pettiness and stupidity and remain there ad nauseum...

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Sounds like the bowls club my Father in Law used to go to.
Local club which an incommer from Essex retiring to the country joined...... then joins committee, then his wife joins....gets voted on ,son/daughter joins and then also end up on committee.
Soon over half the committee is made up of them and their toadies and are now changing all the club rules and constitution.
Most of the locals have now left as they no longer feel welcome in their own club.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vim, you mention the sponsorship from Sainsury's. They seem to have stumped up a fair bit of wedge.

The game to play is probably along the lines of "governance" and how the club is providing some sort of audit for spending the cash and a business plan to make sure that the their (Sainsbury's) generosity and commitment to the locality is going to be secured as a legacy.

No-one want's to read the local paper in 12 months or so to be told that Sainsbury's wasted a heap of cash.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Picking up positions around the club then not doing them or doing them badly...avoiding talking about it when it is damaging the club. We have done a deal with Sainburys worth 7.5m for a new ground and we need to cut turf in May to achieve this and nothing but 'blonde moments' as excuses for not cracking on.

A rugby club at grass roots level needs a high percentage of people who have played the game to run it so the club stays focused on what's happening on the pitch...not thinking about opening granary cafe's and having craft evenings...

In having a dispute with the Committee of a Club (any sort), I've found it better to be on the inside and make your voice heard than on the outside having a whinge.
Good Luck