• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre Para

Now I understand that any Pre-Para slots there are should go to Regs going to IISqn and sneakier-beakier places.However as an Auggie Ginner is there any way of getting onto Pre-Para.Or is a tour with II my only option?

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Now I understand that any Pre-Para slots there are should go to Regs going to IISqn and sneakier-beakier places.However as an Auggie Ginner is there any way of getting onto Pre-Para.Or is a tour with II my only option?

Even doing a tour with II won't get you onto a pre-para mate. You will only get onto one if you are being posted permanently to the sqn. There is generally no necessity for an oggie to be para trained so therefore you won't get a slot on the course. As it stands at the moment even the lads on II that have passed pre-para have been finding it hard to get on jumps courses (lack of airframes). The amount of lads on the sqn that have passed pre-para but haven't got thier wings is immense.

Sorry to pi$$ on your bonfire mate.

I completely understand where you re coming from and expected that answer to be honest.Was just looking for that extra challenge that I don't think you can find anywhere else.Ah well.