• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Protests in London

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Anyone else think that the hippies in London who are 'protesting climate change' are probably causing exponentially more damage to the climate by causing congestion in one of the busiest cities in the UK??

Also, the utter cheb-ends who are sat on top of a train - they've blatantly just been to the pub for lunch, and can't be arsed to go back to the office. I really hope they are sent a bill for the police time they've just utterly wasted. This is why the police aren't 'out there catching proper criminals'... they're too busy dealing with snowflake feckwits!!!

Maybe I should have posted this in the 'what grips my sh!t' section...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I pass the local fracking protest on my way into work each day; the roadside is strewn with rubbish and the protestors actively encourage motorists to slow down and parp if they agree with their view - or alternatively, "show your support for our protest against polluting the environment by driving slowly and increasing the emissions from your car".

Back on topic - have you seen what these protestors in London want?

They want the government to "tell the truth about climate change", reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2025, and create a citizens' assembly to oversee progress.

Fancy giving up your car, your gas boiler, your overseas holiday and your meat diet in less than 6 years?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
As someone said on the radio in the early hours that they where all smoking ciggies, have you seen how much water they need to grow tobacco and they were all on Thier smart phones encased in plastic. Hypocrites.

I'm a citizen not a subject

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I wonder how long they would be sat on the bridge for if there were a bomb threat... or a sniper threat.....just wondering....

Actually, sniping those oxygen thieves would probably be beneficial for the environment!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I'm loving the fact that one of the protestors glued themselves to a train.

I would have carried on with the service and just left them stuck out there.....if anything it would be a good test of the glue used!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm loving the fact that one of the protestors glued themselves to a train.

I would have carried on with the service and just left them stuck out there.....if anything it would be a good test of the glue used!
So you'd be against the suffragettes then.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Chaps, come on, get with programme, everyone knows that a trace gas, one which makes up around 0.04% of the atmosphere and to which we provide a tiny amount is going to destroy us. Next one of you I hear not run with this narrative is going to have a brass band outside their house playing Kumbaya........for a month.

These poor protesters have taken time to come out of their communes, posh houses and mummy’s basements so let’s salute their stand against sanity, oops, I mean ‘The Man’.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So you'd be against the suffragettes then.

Why would you say that? IMHO there's quite a bit of a difference between protesting because you've been denied basic democratic rights because of your sex and protesting because you forcibly believe in something and want to force that belief on everyone else regardless of any associated cost or impact.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Why would you say that? IMHO there's quite a bit of a difference between protesting because you've been denied basic democratic rights because of your sex and protesting because you forcibly believe in something and want to force that belief on everyone else regardless of any associated cost or impact.
So you grade every protest. At the time of the suffragette movement people would have said the same as you've said about these protesters in London.

FWIW these people have made their point and should go back home.

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
All that poverty, walking around looking for something to moan about.

Next week it'll be education, the following week Brexit again.

The sign of an affluent society is one not knowing what to winge about next

Kryten

Warrant Officer
So you grade every protest. At the time of the suffragette movement people would have said the same as you've said about these protesters in London.

FWIW these people have made their point and should go back home.

Well, as I wasn't around when the suffragette movement was at its height I couldnt comment about what people may or may not have said about them.

Just one point; if someone wants to superglue themselves to a train then they can go right ahead - I have just as much right to mock them for doing it as they have for doing it.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Well, as I wasn't around when the suffragette movement was at its height I couldnt comment about what people may or may not have said about them.

They where protesting for something they thought was right. Same as every other protest before them and aftervthem.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Two different sides of the effects of this protest. An employer phoned the radio to say he'd had to let 5 drivers go and will most probably letting another 2 go today. A proteser rang in saying it's not effected him has he is a freelancer and can work while he's on this protest with his mobile and tablet.

Tedlooney

Sergeant
They where protesting for something they thought was right. Same as every other protest before them and aftervthem.

They can probably afford to protest but I don't think it's right for thtm to make it difficult for people to get to work (and maybe lose pay) and have a negative impact on small businesses in the area. There are other ways to get your point across.

Kryten

Warrant Officer

I'm not arguing with that - my original point was that I enjoyed the fact that one of the protestors glued themselves to a train. If they want to protest, let 'em!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I'm not arguing with that - my original point was that I enjoyed the fact that one of the protestors glued themselves to a train. If they want to protest, let 'em!

He didn't think that out. That pony tail was gagging to be snipped off and there's cock all he could do about it

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Again... a lot on here are complaining about people sitting down and drinking tea or protesting in the medium of interpretative dance... but i cant see any one really complaining in the same way about the hi-viz vest idiots fighting police and stopping ambulances on blue light calls a few weeks ago..... speaks volumes.

Suggest some people might need to go and have a good long hard look in the mirror and think about.