• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR - how many have you heard about in the last week

• Thread starter Thread starter fugmeister general
  • Start date Start date

PVR - how many have you heard about in the last week

• yes

Votes: 46 68.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

fugmeister general

having just finished a shift at fat albertsville, 2 of my guys whacked theres in, in all honesty i can't blame them for doing it!! months in the desert and all to cover for the sick, lame and mentally infirm that we all call our work colleagues. it saddens me to say it but I think they are right in what they are doing and i wish them all the best of luck when they leave.

it says something when the boss agrees with there decision!!

well i think we need a running calculator on here for the amount of PVR's that are put in and have it split into week, month & year. at least we will all see what the current stats are and not be fobbed off with the "the PVR rates are the same as they were 10 years ago!!" but we had twice the amount of people then!!

any views on this subject would be appreciated.

fug

chumpzilla

Sergeant
I blame the smoke and mirrors of the AFCO's, and the old sweats who don't give the oppurtunities to the grafters to get gucci dets. The workers amongst us get continually shafted to go on the sandy holidays with free oncoming brass, while the fat lazy kn@ckers get suddenly better when everyones gone out the door and end up with the America's, etc.

It mugs me off no end seeing good lads getting jiffed and lazy gits getting away with feigning phantom injuries and suddenly recovering whenever it suits.

By the way, I too have been jiffed with an easterly, hot and horrid det due to people being poorly.......feckin diddums!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I ran into a crew chief in the Ed Centre this week who'd just slung it in...We can ill afford to lose this type of chap...too much experience walking out of the door...

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I blame the smoke and mirrors of the AFCO's, and the old sweats who don't give the oppurtunities to the grafters to get gucci dets. The workers amongst us get continually shafted to go on the sandy holidays with free oncoming brass, while the fat lazy kn@ckers get suddenly better when everyones gone out the door and end up with the America's, etc.

It mugs me off no end seeing good lads getting jiffed and lazy gits getting away with feigning phantom injuries and suddenly recovering whenever it suits.

By the way, I too have been jiffed with an easterly, hot and horrid det due to people being poorly.......feckin diddums!

Yeah its funny how they come out of the woodwork when there is a gucci exercise on. I know a few got pi$$ed off recently when the nurse told them they couldnt go on an exercise to the sunny states, because unfortunately their Med Cat did not allow it. I believe she was actually told by some that it would be OK for them to do the exercise because they wouldnt be doing much work. WTF???

Good for the nurse for stopping them from going. If they cant do the desert tours then they cant do the gucci ones.

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
Isn't it amazing how many glassbacks forget about their allergy to sand when they realise it's a beach and not a desert.

Time to get rid of some of the deadweight and concentrate on keeping the talent in.

D

DE Scumbag

Isn't it amazing how many glassbacks forget about their allergy to sand when they realise it's a beach and not a desert.

Time to get rid of some of the deadweight and concentrate on keeping the talent in.

I was downgraded for the last 8 years of service. They only downgraded me when they had diagnosed what was wrong and were giving me meication to fix it, prior to that, they just kept me referred under the local doc. That was in Bruggen, and I therefore was able to deploy to Op Jural each year for the 4 years I was there.

Once downgraded, even though they were now treating me, I was only allowed to deploy to places with good Hospital facilities and then only for periods of 28 days. I often deployed for longer than that but only to the USA as they have excellent med facilities.

Why, when you are now being treated do they prevent you from doing your full job, yet when they are in the dark as to your diagnosis, you can meet all your commitments?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was downgraded for the last 8 years of service. They only downgraded me when they had diagnosed what was wrong and were giving me meication to fix it, prior to that, they just kept me referred under the local doc. That was in Bruggen, and I therefore was able to deploy to Op Jural each year for the 4 years I was there.

Once downgraded, even though they were now treating me, I was only allowed to deploy to places with good Hospital facilities and then only for periods of 28 days. I often deployed for longer than that but only to the USA as they have excellent med facilities.

Why, when you are now being treated do they prevent you from doing your full job, yet when they are in the dark as to your diagnosis, you can meet all your commitments?

In other threads, I have said that the medical system needs a thorough overhaul. Even though I was downgraded for the last 2 years of my service I fought to get upgraded and was depressed at the amount of limitations piled onto me by someone who knew nothing about my job. I even had an occupational health officer follow me round for a day so he could see that I was capable of doing my job. I wanted to meet all my commitments but was prevented from doing so by a system that is designed to cover the ar§e of the medical system and not the individual.

TW

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The medical downgrading system is designed to protect in two ways. Firstly it protects the individual from the RAF (no use sendind someone with a broken leg OOA) and secondly it protects the RAF from the individual, especially given our new 'claim' culture. Admittedly some Doctors go a wee bit overboard when handing out the limitations and there are a lot of people who, although downgraded could easily function well OOA and most of them want to. I'm guessing that as the camps empty slowly of personnel that there will be a new initiative to send anyone with a lowered MES OOA.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Lets not forget the 'select few' (LoveToad knows what I mean) who always manage to get on the exercises in the states, while those left in the UK are always the ones who actually have to go to sandier climbs and put it into practice!

Shugster

Warrant Officer
I ran into a crew chief in the Ed Centre this week who'd just slung it in...We can ill afford to lose this type of chap...too much experience walking out of the door...

Experience walks out of the door, (Service and Civvy), when it isn't appreciated and when you're stuck at a certain level and can't get any higher.

I've left two jobs bacause I felt I was treated like dirt.

I won't suggest the fixes, as we know what they are already.
:PDT_Xtremez_21:

As for the Gucci detachments: If you don't do the sh1t ones you don't do the good ones. That rule should be set in stone.

M

Mickwreay

having just finished a shift at fat albertsville, 2 of my guys whacked theres in, in all honesty i can't blame them for doing it!! months in the desert and all to cover for the sick, lame and mentally infirm that we all call our work colleagues. it saddens me to say it but I think they are right in what they are doing and i wish them all the best of luck when they leave.

it says something when the boss agrees with there decision!!

well i think we need a running calculator on here for the amount of PVR's that are put in and have it split into week, month & year. at least we will all see what the current stats are and not be fobbed off with the "the PVR rates are the same as they were 10 years ago!!" but we had twice the amount of people then!!

any views on this subject would be appreciated.

fug

Three on 47/70 Eng during September 2 Chiefs & one SAT(T)

J

JPSforest

I think before you slag the AFCO's off you should get your facts right. Having worked on both aircraft sqn's (including Chinooks) and an AFCO I can honestly say there is no smoke and mirrors. Well I can guarentee not from me or the guys I worked with. Most of them being techies, we all informed not only future techies or rocks but any trades that it was not if they would go to Iraq or Afghan but when. So it really P#^%es me off that people like you slag off people doing a necessary job.
I do however agree that there is too many sick notes about who should get off their lazy backsides and do more or get out.

J

:PDT_Xtremez_25:

T

Tubby

Three on 47/70 Eng during September 2 Chiefs & one SAT(T)

At least one of them is time ex though, he just handed in his 18 months notice. That is unless you haven't included our cracking rotund pikey chief, sure you know which one I mean.

B

Bucc Boy

I think before you slag the AFCO's off you should get your facts right. Having worked on both aircraft sqn's (including Chinooks) and an AFCO I can honestly say there is no smoke and mirrors. Well I can guarentee not from me or the guys I worked with. Most of them being techies, we all informed not only future techies or rocks but any trades that it was not if they would go to Iraq or Afghan but when. So it really P#^%es me off that people like you slag off people doing a necessary job.
I do however agree that there is too many sick notes about who should get off their lazy backsides and do more or get out.

J

:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Necessary? I would question the necessity of an RAF employee having to work in an AFCO. What other professions have a group of said company manning an employment agency to bolster recruitment?

Clerks, storemen, engineers or firemen taken out of trade to recruit soldiers, chefs, doctors and pilots………..hmmm.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for civilianisation to me so that all the manpower can get their asses back to the sharp end and pull their weight.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for civilianisation to me so that all the manpower can get their asses back to the sharp end and pull their weight.

And when they are asked what life is actually like in the RAF they read the answer from a booklet?

I think civilianising recruiters would be counter-productive. How can you gain an insight on Service life from a civvie?

M

Mickwreay

And when they are asked what life is actually like in the RAF they read the answer from a booklet?

I think civilianising recruiters would be counter-productive. How can you gain an insight on Service life from a civvie?

Perfect solution?

My son has just begun the process of joining the Royal Navy. I went to the AFCO with him & was chatting with the naval recruiter; I was amazed to find out he is actually an ex RN member who is on reserve service. This makes perfect sense as he has done a full career & so can give valid advice on a wide spectrum of navy life, but on the flip side the service does not lose a much needed tradesman.
He said they were currently on a 3-year contract which may be extending to 5 in the future.
I knew the two RAF recruiters who are both still serving Techies.
As long as the recruiters are still in touch with their service then this has to be the best of both worlds.
The RN lad even cited a case where he was on the road with RAF lads, he said a couple of them did not really care about the job, it was just a posting to an area!

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well i sympathise with your station and whats happening to the Herc lads at mo. I think its an all over situation gettting very worse throughout the RAF and i guess all forces now.

This is the time now for serious things to be put in place from the powers above as the people that are left to cope with this are feeling the same. I am 5 years short of the magic 22 but right now with the last week at work i have came into the thought of why should i put up with this anymore , im unhappy and my family dont see me as a happy go lucky person anymore. I stay cause of my pension and I would be stupid to leave but with or without pension i still live and hope that one day an angel will come down and make the RAF good again , i try to help the new lads out as much now but ill be honest I cannot make others feel better when im not.

Maybe it is my time to say bye bye but im not a quitter lol , ****ing hell , The RAF have me by the balls

grrrrrrr

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Well i sympathise with your station and whats happening to the Herc lads at mo. I think its an all over situation gettting very worse throughout the RAF and i guess all forces now.

This is the time now for serious things to be put in place from the powers above as the people that are left to cope with this are feeling the same. I am 5 years short of the magic 22 but right now with the last week at work i have came into the thought of why should i put up with this anymore , im unhappy and my family dont see me as a happy go lucky person anymore. I stay cause of my pension and I would be stupid to leave but with or without pension i still live and hope that one day an angel will come down and make the RAF good again , i try to help the new lads out as much now but ill be honest I cannot make others feel better when im not.

Maybe it is my time to say bye bye but im not a quitter lol , ****ing hell , The RAF have me by the balls

grrrrrrr

You're not alone in your feelings, that's why people are leaving in droves.

Back