• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR - how many have you heard about in the last week

• Thread starter Thread starter fugmeister general
  • Start date Start date

PVR - how many have you heard about in the last week

• yes

Votes: 46 68.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

fugmeister general

I know this is an allover situation but they can only break peoples balls for so long before they go out the door, I just think it's a shame that the top brass are so jaded about the real situation of deploying every 5 minutes to countries that we have tried to liberated before and never won the fight. I would like to see them out there with us and not just a flying visit hoping that it will improve moral!

having started this thread I still think that all those people that PVR are not quitters but realists, they see where the air force is going and dont want to be on that train anymore, 4 years left till time ex @ 22, and boy can't i wait this air force is spiralling out of control and the leader at the wheel thinks there's not a problem. It says something when your bosses have had enough and can't wait to finish.

I just hope that with all the fitness test failures, increased deployments, gate guards & you can earn more money outside for doing the same job. that people who PVR remember the lads that are stuck in the pension trap and put the good word out that it is not there fault.

C

Captain Gatso

I just hope that with all the fitness test failures, increased deployments, gate guards & you can earn more money outside for doing the same job. that people who PVR remember the lads that are stuck in the pension trap and put the good word out that it is not there fault.
[/QUOTE]

I have not fogotton FG. I have already helped one already. He has now got a job on the outside and he seems as happy as a pig in s**t. Times are tough but the aviation industry out here on the civillian side of the fence seems still to struggling to find decent, experienced Mechs and engineers. I was a realist when I finally summed up the courage to PVR and I knew then in which direction the Airforce was heading in. I can't imagine what has changed since I left and that was only six months ago. However from what I have heard from friends still in, it's even worse now. I am just waiting to get a letter through my front door saying they are calling up reservists as the top brass have totally cocked up and are needing all thier experience back. I say good luck to them as I will be on the other side of the world by then, as will everyone else. As i am not going to help the totally inept, rescue a problem that they have created.:PDT_Xtremez_25:

I

Issac Hunt

Mine will be in soon. Starting the search for a civvy job as we speak, Booked onto a few courses at the education centre for CV writing etc etc.

People can take so much but we all have a limit, and I have reached mine. I'll be sad to go as I really thought I would complete my 22 at a minium. Things have changed so much for the worse. the penny pinching, lack of manpower and all the pther usual moans.

I cant put ito words how undervalued I (and many of my fellow techies) feel by the senior management.

S

specylecky

There can't be a problem with PVR's, as apparently PVR's time have gone up! I don't know if this is a wind up but the time to get out has risen by an extra year, so if you've PVR'd before 1st Oct you would be out in a year, now it's 2 years. Apparently the details are in Octobers Chief Clerks Bulletin, but I couldn't find it on the works net last night, I'm sure more details will be released by their airships, I seem to remember the CASWO telling us at Herc home base last year that PVR's were not any higher than normal, so things have changed in the last year!!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Seen an SAC PVR this week.
Cant blame him, he's working alongside civvie equivalents who are earning more than CPL's.

B

born free now trapped

PVR isnt all its cracked to be.

Working now in civvie street, now I am forced to work less hours for more money. My bosses are engineers who have experience of the job and treat the guys with respect. No constant threat of being moved to a new location and the company car looks good in the drive.

Learnt the trade in the RAF but the best thing ever did was leave.

And another thing

And another thing

PVR isnt all its cracked to be.

Working now in civvie street, now I am forced to work less hours for more money. My bosses are engineers who have experience of the job and treat the guys with respect. No constant threat of being moved to a new location and the company car looks good in the drive.

Learnt the trade in the RAF but the best thing ever did was leave.

Good point Born Free I have also noticed that when you work more hours than you need, extra money is put in your bank....something called overtime. :PDT_Xtremez_28:

B

born free now trapped

O on call

O on call

It always helps when you work on and you dont just get a forced cheers, but instead you get a thank you and money.
Also I work an on call rota and for the priviledge I get an extra bonus for being on call, whether called or not.
My personal favourite is putting beer on expenses when staying over in hotel.

My personal favourite is putting beer on expenses when staying over in hotel.

I found it really hard being able to sort out my own expenses, none of this nit picking just common sense and trust. I also don't now need to fork out my money in advance and then claim it back at the companies leisure, I have an AMEX card. Imagine the RAF trusting it's non commisioned types (Workers) with a corporate card. I think not....!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

tubbyj

LAC
PVRs and time EX'd

PVRs and time EX'd

I cant say whats its like at other stations but at leuchars I personally know 12 SNCOs who are time ex'd or who have applied to get out early and will be out middle of next year. How are they going to replace them is the million dollar question? I was on exercise with a lossie Sqn recently and they only had 30 men per shift, when I asked what was happening they said they had been told that they were going to be brought upto strength before they depart for sunny climbs early next year. Then lo and behold when i return to Leuchars from exercise everyone is talking about big manpower reductions here!! I have heard various figures mentioned but it seems that in the not too distant future a lot of TG1 & 2 people will be getting posted. The numbers mentioned varied between 75 and 180. If this is true which I cant guarantee, then I think the PVR rate at Leuchars will rise dramatically because I know a lot of people who have done their 22 and say if they get posted they are leaving.

Back