• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR survey

• Thread starter Thread starter Mickwreay
  • Start date Start date

radrob

Corporal
All the peeps where I work are Sgts or above (Yeah I know the static from all the stay-press is like the Northern Lights). We only have one recent PVR in but there are only 17 of us and at least 5 including myself are just sitting tight amidst cuts and crap to reach our 40 point. (All going in next 2 years or so). Three years ago I had Air Force written through me like a stick of rock but after 21 years of service I`m not risking the security of my family unit to a crumbling Force ever asked to do so much more with less.
Sad I reckon our section will loose so much experience in an essential and technically difficult area.
Damn now I`m all melancholy!!:PDT_Xtremez_26:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
I turned down my LOS 30 (along with another SNEC on the same day), reason, well, if I sign on, I lose my last tour of duty, therefore liable for a posting (I'm at my requested place) and you have to leave at some point, I can either start looking for a job at 40 or 48, and I think I am more employable at 40.
Everyone has reasons for or against signing on, neither one is silly, it is something that has been given a lot of thought!

Bang on Spanners , could not agree more with that statement. The fact now as most SNCOs done the 22 year point maybe signed to LOS30 but the prospect of maybe getting moved from there house,wifes employment and kids education all serious issues i think that out way staying in extra years if you can get a good job topped up with pension. As most know of the older age location and settling down with the kids is what most want in career now and quite right we have all given our single young years to deployments,dets ,Gulfs, Falklands etc why not be allowed to have a more settled life. i know ill get a barrage of abuse from many saying ..well you joined the RAF you have to expect that and give your life , if you are going to say that then suck my balls and get a life , this is reality now and this i think is a main priority point why people are leave these days, Commitment and time to the queen, its all balls , look after number 1 is what we all have to do

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
look after number 1 is what we all have to do

Indeedy !!....In my new job i will still be away 6 months of the year but it's worth it now ! Tax free income, 5% extra for your own pension scheme .....oh and it's great not having to worry about expenses...we have people in an office that do it for us (just like pre-JPA...but better...lol)

OK so this job won't suit everyone (not too sure if it suits me yet but gonna give it a good go !) but it is probably as close to being in the mob and like it used to be.....everyone stuck together and making the most of it and having a laugh at the same time.....something that was lacking the last few years in the RAF.
Crack on................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Indeedy !!....In my new job i will still be away 6 months of the year but it's worth it now ! Tax free income, 5% extra for your own pension scheme .....oh and it's great not having to worry about expenses...we have people in an office that do it for us (just like pre-JPA...but better...lol)

OK so this job won't suit everyone (not too sure if it suits me yet but gonna give it a good go !) but it is probably as close to being in the mob and like it used to be.....everyone stuck together and making the most of it and having a laugh at the same time.....something that was lacking the last few years in the RAF.
Crack on................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Nice one Tashy , seems like you settling into normal life with ease :)

I am just secretley jealous and just wishing the next 5 years away, i think ill try and use some of that time to learn better English, in fact forget that ...I cant get time off to better myself thats forbidden now unless you are a cripple , bay gay , slightly tanned or have a good touch at sucking your FS balls

Back