• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAFFT to change - truth or rumour.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
So why bother with a fitness at all, if all we're doing is living in hotels?

We're losing and have lost good people because they cannot run up and down a gym - the latest DIN acknowledges this and has implemented changes. However, we're probably going to go the other way now and as well as keeping skilled people, we will be retaining fat knackers.

Same with Med standards, we're keeping/extending MLDs, will we be keeping MNDs next? Even less people to deploy and those who keep fit and healthy will be deploying a lot more.

Also, "deployed", in a hotel. Make sure you use sunscreen :LOL:

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Because we should at least "look fit"...

Also, some MLD can deploy to Crete. They're looking at it.

MLD can deploy to a myriad of places, all depends on their condition and available treatment in the location they deploy - and subject to a MRA.

Cyprus, Falklands, Minhad to name a few.

What they couldn't do was sign on for extra engagement.

Last edited:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Same with Med standards, we're keeping/extending MLDs, will we be keeping MNDs next? Even less people to deploy and those who keep fit and healthy will be deploying a lot more.
I spent a significant portion of my time at Cottesmore as the only one out of seven in my rank & trade that was fit to deploy. It only increased when one of the JNCOs got promoted to replace one of the SNCOs who was posted and it became 2/7.

dctyke

Corporal
I went OOA at short notice when 5th on the list (out of 32). Man no4 got off because of high blood pressure brought on by being told he was going!

Back