• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Renault confirms Kimi Raikkonen for 2012.

G

grumpyoldb

Renault has announced that Kimi Raikkonen will return to Formula 1 racing next year, after securing a two-year deal to compete with the squad. Raikkonen, who had left Formula 1 at the end of the 2009 season after being dropped by Ferrari, had been in talks with the Williams team about a possible return next year, but the deal fell through.
That promted speculation of a Renault tie-up, with team principal Eric Boullier confirming in Brazil last weekend that the Finn was on the shortlist of candidates for 2012 - when his outfit will be renamed Lotus.

Speaking about his return, Raikkonen said: "I'm delighted to be coming back to Formula 1 after a two-year break, and I'm grateful to Lotus Renault GP for offering me this opportunity. My time in the World Rally Championship has been a useful stage in my career as a driver, but I can't deny the fact that my hunger for F1 has recently become overwhelming.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96573

Well, well. Looks like the stories of Kubica signing for Ferrari for 2013 could have some foundation in them.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Ace. It'll be good to see Kimi back on the grid. Who will be his team mate, Senna or Petrov?

I wonder if Massa will have to step aside sometime next season when Kubica is ready to drive. Massa really has lacked something since his smash up, he shouldn't have come back in my opinion.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Massa really has lacked something since his smash up, he shouldn't have come back in my opinion.

I don`t think he`s mentally tough enough to stand up to Alonso and Ferrari`s favouritism. It must have felt like a bit of knife twisting the other day when Fernando was complimenting Hamiltons driving/will-to-win.

As to Kimi, i can`t see him doing anything that one of the youngsters couldn`t be doing cheaper.

M

monobrow

Ace. It'll be good to see Kimi back on the grid. Who will be his team mate, Senna or Petrov?
It will be good to see him back as long as he's not lost anything in his break from F1. However Lotus best keep the Magnums stocked up...

G

grumpyoldb

It will be good to see him back as long as he's not lost anything in his break from F1. However Lotus best keep the Magnums stocked up...

Is that the ice creams or the cider..............? :pDT_Xtremez_42: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..

I wonder if Massa will have to step aside sometime next season when Kubica is ready to drive. Massa really has lacked something since his smash up, he shouldn't have come back in my opinion.

Out of interest MM, since The Iceman returns, are you now binning your loyalty to Carlos Fandango Alsoran??:pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

grumpyoldb

Could be an interesting scenario next year with the top runners all running world champs.

Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Merc, and Renault/Lotus or whatever they call themselves next week.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
6 world champs on the grid, let's hope next season is interesting.

Personally I found this season extremely boring. The overtaking seemed fake and the DRS zones weren't quite right.