• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Right Whinge Beauty Pagent

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I note that the Beauty Pagent to be leader of the skeleton of the once grand Tory Party is almost upon us. I find this worse than picking a life partner from an Alabama Red neck family gathering where the number of teeth amongst the fine fillies on offer is significantly less than the total of their fingers and toes (mid-20s)

In the Blue corner we have Tom Tugentwat. Remoaner. Supporter of May's Brexit Deal. Previous failed leadership bids, so has already proved himself less popular than a lettuce.

In the even bluer corner we have James not-so-Cleverly. Held leading roles in much of the past 14 years, so has plenty of blood on his hands. All for locking migrants up whilst waiting to be processed - as long as it wasnt in his constituency, so hypocritical.

In the deep blue corner, we have Kemi Badenoch. Very anti immigration. Born in the UK to Nigerian parents in 1980 but quickly returned to Nigeria and spent her childhood over there, only to return to the UK when it got a bit hairy over there and she suddenly remembered her Britishness. One wonders where she would be if the Tory party of the 1980s had taken the same stance on immigration that she wants to take with people from abroad coming over, popping out a kid and then buggering off home, but retaining British status. Oh, and she got beaten by the lettuce too.

Then in the so blue its almost black corner we have Backhand Bob Jenrick. All round creep. Double lockdown breaker. Every time I see him I think of a slug - all slimy and untouchable. Taker of money from companies with no employees.

So come on you blue rinse brigade - which of these upstanding citizens do you fancy cheering on for the next 5 years at the annual gathering for their party conference at some modest establishment with a capacity of less than 200?

Last edited:

Deltaitem

Corporal
I'm happy to spend a couple of years in denial over whomever they pick. Let's face it, they'll be the opposition. If, and unbelievable though it is, it still looks like a big if, Harris wins in November, we'll hopefully see a slow return to some form of global sanity (ish), and the extreme and far right, plus the lunatic fringe will gradually retreat back to the fringes.
It might help if the tories selected someone 'normal,' but normal and politics rarely seem to go together these days, and it's been that way for so long, I wonder if it ever did.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It might help if the tories selected someone 'normal,' but normal and politics rarely seem to go together these days, and it's been that way for so long, I wonder if it ever did.
Any Tory that could have been described as "normal" either jumped ship before the election or was beaten.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The issue with any UK political party leadership race is the differing groups with differing political standings, for the Conservatives the first group is the Parliamentary Party, who will generally be interested in staying in power, they will want to stay as close to the centre as possible, with excursions to the left that may go against the wider party and electorates expectations.

Then they need the wider party support, these individuals will probably be more to the right of centre, although some will have joined reform and other fringe parties so the extremities will have been trimmed of late.

Finally to get in power they need to appeal to the wider electorate, which brings them back to the centre, social conservatism is the natural home of most reasonable voters. Get this right and you’ll be in power for a long time, get it wrong and you’ll not, Rishi’s directionless mishmash of policies and failure to deliver to expectations brought his party to its knees.

If you are a staunch leftist then none of the Tory candidates should appeal to you, and if they do, then they’re not likely to win or have a long career in the big seat.

Just like Labour need to be more like Labour, the Conservatives need to act and be more like Conservatives.

Jenrick seems to be favourite just now, however, I can see the parliamentary party trying to block this, playing with votes to get the less experienced gaff prone Kemi on to the members ballot, this would make things tighter against James or Tom, personally I like Tom, but I’d rather he didn’t win.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I think, Busby, you have missed one other point in your otherwise accurate summation. And it is one that applies to both main parties. In order to be in with a chance of the top job you necessarily have to have had some experience and profile in either a Cabinet or shadow cabinet post where they had to be seen to support their leader. In recent years neither party has distinguished itself with some of its leaders so any current candidate or holder of the top posts is going to be tainted by the failings of the predecessors that they supported. In the same way that the election was not won but was lost, the new Tory leader will have to find a way of dissociating themselves from those who went before without appearing to have lost their principles (either now or previously).

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I’m not invested the Conservative leadership race so have no bias as to who wins. There are some facts sticking out though. If Kemi Badenoch is selected, she will be the fourth female leader of the Conservatives which is four more female leaders than Labour have ever had and the first ethnic minority woman to lead a major party. If James Cleverly wins, he will be the second ethnic minority male after Rishi Sunak to lead a major party. The “grownups” at Labour, the supposed champions of woke, equality and diversity, meanwhile have never selected a woman or an ethnic minority bloke and are currently lead by yet another white bloke a former KC, a millionaire lawyer with net worth of around £7.7M.

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It doesn't really matter who will take the leadership position of the Conservative party. None of the contestants will see government again and come the next election, whoever takes the job on, will have been replaced by someone else.

The Tories have to get themselves out of a self inflicted toxic relationship with the public before they can even think about being a credible party again and until they do so, the party is pretty much dead in the water.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
So, we are down to a choice between Backhand Bob, recipient of £75k from a company without a trading history, and Kimi the hypocrite who wants to ban immigrants and reduce maternity pay (now that she is safely in the UK from Nigeria and has benefitted 3 times from maternity pay)

Kier and co must be quaking in their boots at the thought of another Farage in the chamber. The only chance the right whingers have of getting close to power is if one of them swallows their pride and merges with the other.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So, we are down to a choice between Backhand Bob, recipient of £75k from a company without a trading history, and Kimi the hypocrite who wants to ban immigrants and reduce maternity pay (now that she is safely in the UK from Nigeria and has benefitted 3 times from maternity pay)

Kier and co must be quaking in their boots at the thought of another Farage in the chamber. The only chance the right whingers have of getting close to power is if one of them swallows their pride and merges with the other.

As people, including myself have said, no-one is really that bothered about the Conservative leadership campaign.

It doesn't really inspire or merit any attention to be honest.

I do note how you've been captivated by it though so do let me know who wins 😂

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts

In respect of Kimi whose desk I want to shit in the top drawer of, those points she's put fowards work against each other.

The whole reason why they've not only done f*ck all on migrancy both illegal and legal but made it worse (as well as kowtowing to those globalist fuckheads in the WEF - look at them trying to fine the Polish MEP for each illegal he refuses as well as shooting any who cross the border) is because of our falling GDP and falling birth rate.

What else might boost the birth rate? Decent maternity conditions so people are safe from financial ruin you say?

Fun fact, a deluge of low economic fodder for all the cheap shitty jobs going also keeps a clamp down on wages. Which appeases the fat cats running such shitty businesses.

She's a twat and anyone who uses Uber Eats, Deliveroo, Just Eat or any of the other entities that uses undocumented workers is just as complicit.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

What did Cleverly feck up in the last couple of days, must be serious.?

I guess its Jenrick, not important for lots of us for 4 years, however, he does seem to mirror popular conservatism.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
The way I see it, every government (of whatever colour) needs a credible opposition standing by in order to keep the government disciplined, afraid of making mistakes and 'mainstream' in its policies.

The first job of the new Conservative leader, whoever that is, is to make them a credible opposition that could easily take votes (and hence seats) back at any and every opportunity. To do that they must keep the party united and disciplined without the factional infighting that has gone on for the past few years so that when the next GE comes along it is a real fight. The question is who will they be able to take votes from, Reform or Labour? To be honest, I thought Cleverley was the front runner and also the one with the best chance of delivering the right outcome for the party, because I think Kemi comes across as just Liz Truss levels of barking at times and Jenrick doesn't seem to convey gravitas and looks a bit 'iffy'. The parliamentary party have, imho, left the broader party membership with a dubious choice and my suspicion is that neither of them will be able to build a stable credible party in time for the next GE. Reform, if they moderate some of their crazier people and are more careful over who they recruit, could yet be the main opposition next time around.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So you have already conceded that Labour will win the 2029 election?
No, because that's 5 years away and plenty of time for Starmer and his gang to shoot themselves in the foot even more. But I don't think either potential Conservative leader will be able to unite the party and the country sufficiently to put enough pressure on Labour to either force them out or keep them 'centrist'.
Where the world, the country and the parties will be at the next GE is anybody's guess.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Important to remember that Kier won with what would normally be a losers number of voters.

All the tories need to do and win over a few reform voters, I’d expect a Vote for Reform is a vote for Labour rhetoric to be prominent at the next GE

Back