• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rosie Resigns

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

She’s been hammered by the party leadership and new core vote for some time, seems most SM comments are attacking her rather than challenging the letter she wrote.

When you stand your ground and the tide runs to to the left, eventually you’ll be beached.

She’s done the right thing by standing as an independent, can’t see many more being so public in their view points against the politics of the New New Labour.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Regardless of the colour of their Rosette, if an MP resigns from the party from which they were elected they should also have to resign as an MP and a by-election called. Too many get away with this. Lee Anderson and Andrew Bridgen did the same in the last parliament, along with a couple of SNP MPs who defected to the Salmond party.

If Rosie thinks that she can serve as an independent MP for the next 5 years on the back of her personality, principles and record, then she should put it to the test and allow the voters to decide. But she wont, as she has got a job and allowance for the next 5 years and a pay-off after she doesnt get elected in the next GE.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I don’t disagree with the principle, and I can’t remember if you also championed for the Tory defections to the Labour Party, to do the same.

However, in law we don’t vote for a Party or a Party Leader, we vote for a representative, and, if linked to a party, a certain manifesto, Rosie appears to be sticking to the principles of the manifesto and has chosen to be an independent to do so. She feels, rightly or wrongly, that her former party does not and that the current leadership is not.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Resigning because you don't get your way is tantamount to taking away your ball if you get picked for the wrong team in playground football.

Surely being in a position of authority within an organisation you can affect change.

By resigning you effectively say I don't give a sh*t.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Resigning because you don't get your way is tantamount to taking away your ball if you get picked for the wrong team in playground football.

Surely being in a position of authority within an organisation you can affect change.

By resigning you effectively say I don't give a sh*t.
I recall all those resignations from positions of power in the summer of 2022. Did they not give a sh1t, or were they frantically trying to save their skin by disassociating themselves from the lockdown party king?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
She didn’t have any power, she still doesn’t have power, however, she now has a voice and influence well beyond being a bank bencher.

Due to her stances on other parts of politics, she will also act as a rattler against the current governments ‘woke’ behaviours and beliefs.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
She didn’t have any power, she still doesn’t have power, however, she now has a voice and influence well beyond being a bank bencher.
She also joins growing bunch of independent MP's currently 14 of them, which is more MP's than the SNP and Greens combined. They are to small a group to affect Labours huge majority but perhaps enough to be a nuisance.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
She can sit with the rest of the single issue (generally pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel) bunch that have zero influence on the things that matter to the mainstream UK electorate.

That said, they are almost three times more relevant than Reform.

UlsterExile

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Anyway whats the sketch with Kier, a lot of talk on media platforms that he's under pressure to go. Due to something he has suppressed by an injunction. And it seems no one on any platform is spilling the beans at all and not even hinting at what it might be.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyway whats the sketch with Kier, a lot of talk on media platforms that he's under pressure to go. Due to something he has suppressed by an injunction. And it seems no one on any platform is spilling the beans at all and not even hinting at what it might be.

And with that in mind, whilst we all banter and fence with each other about all things that are right and wrong with politics, a kind reminder.

A general message to everyone.

Do not under any circumstances post anything on here be it alleged or otherwise when it comes to public figures with injunctions.

Thank you.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Dan Wootton, former GB News presenter, is offering on twitter to tell you what he knows if you subscribe to his blog.

Shameless Grifter.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If you base your character as being different (better, more honest) and attack the errors and mistakes of others for your own political or positional gain, you are sowing what you reap.

People are fallible, and as we have seen with the celebrity gene pool, most things come out in the end.

If it turns out you are not a better person and have significant elements of dishonesty or opaqueness, then your reputational foundations and pillars will crumble, along with your political career.

One thing these Labour revelations will do is push for greater control of ‘gifts’ to political figures, increased scrutiny, control and disclosure of what is a gift and what is funding needs to be put in place.

Why not have the financial amount of gifts received being included on the ballot paper next to their name, no hiding then.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Because the rules up until now are that Govt ministers declare their gifts & hospitality elsewhere buried deep in the Gov.uk archives, where everyone else declares it on the members interests, easily accessible to the public. All this stuff has been donated over the past few years when they have been in opposition and was declared.

Labour Govt are planning to change this so everyone declares everything on the members interests register, making everyone equally accountable.

I'm sure whilst you come on here and disagree with everything I say, perhaps you could make an exception and acknowledge this is a positive step forward?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Labour Govt are planning to change this so everyone declares everything on the members interests register, making everyone equally accountable.

It should have been put in place right back when certain people thought it was somehow acceptable to claim for duck houses on their expenses.

What cannot be ignored though Mutty, because it's a fact, is the absolute rank hypocrisy of Labour calling out the Conservatives for "gift taking from their mates, corruption, sleight of hand with donations etc" whilst doing the exact same things themselves.

Indeed, I understand this is why Rosie resigned. (And the fact that she knows what a woman is, whilst her former party appears to be in need of basic biology lessons).

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It should have been put in place right back when certain people thought it was somehow acceptable to claim for duck houses on their expenses.

What cannot be ignored though Mutty, because it's a fact, is the absolute rank hypocrisy of Labour calling out the Conservatives for "gift taking from their mates, corruption, sleight of hand with donations etc" whilst doing the exact same things themselves.

Indeed, I understand this is why Rosie resigned. (And the fact that she knows what a woman is, whilst her former party appears to be in need of basic biology lessons).
Agreed. They reformed after the expenses scandal, but over the past 14 years MPs have found other ways to extract money from the system and the previous Govt didnt do anything about it - perhaps because they were the majority and benefitted most from the system?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Agreed. They reformed after the expenses scandal, but over the past 14 years MPs have found other ways to extract money from the system and the previous Govt didnt do anything about it - perhaps because they were the majority and benefitted most from the system?

And they were repeatedly called out because of it.

Again, all the time they were being called out by the opposition / now incumbent government, the latter were busy at it themselves.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this? Do you not see that the optics of this hasn't gone down well with the public?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
In principle MWD I agree, but I like 99.99999% of people just aren’t going to look up the bribes my local candidates have taken, on some vague government website, if all is declared then a quick data spurt onto the ballot paper or the polling card which we all receive and glance at would be much more open.

I did like Tim Fallon’s comment on why he doesn’t accept ‘gifts’, I also think that I, like 99.999999% of the population don’t really see a lot of these freebies as gifts, they are political donations and should be treated as such.

I don’t have a problem with supporters funding a political party, and nobody should, it’s the grift and lies that I, like 99.99999%, have an issue with.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Looks like Kier benefitted the most out of it.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I see one group declaring that they received gifts and hospitality, and one group not declaring that they received gifts and hospitality.

I also see Backhand Bob Jenrick has received £75k from a company with no employees on the payroll. Obviously as a non-minister he has had to declare this, but I wonder if he would have done so otherwise?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
They’re all at it MWD, the ones you support, the ones you don’t, it’s the way it is, it’s within the rules.

Change the rules, and there’ll be another way, our politicians and parties are under funded, I’d support higher wages for MPs but I’d be against party funding coming from my tax take.

Make all funding open to the public, and accessible, and leave it at that.

Back