• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rosie Resigns

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
All gifts given to MPs should be handed over to the state, including clothing and suchlike, which should then be passed on to charity auctions, and any money should go straight into the treasury coffers.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I see one group declaring that they received gifts and hospitality, and one group not declaring that they received gifts and hospitality.

I also see Backhand Bob Jenrick has received £75k from a company with no employees on the payroll. Obviously as a non-minister he has had to declare this, but I wonder if he would have done so otherwise?

And still, you won't call out the hypocrisy of those in the new Government for calling out the previous when it comes to gifts, donations, etc, whilst simultaneously helping themselves to the very things they called out.

Why do you find it difficult to call out the hypocrisy and demand that Starmer, Rayner, Reeves et al resign immediately?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The so called "grown ups" are now the government and so have access to all the same troughs all previous governments had. I never expected them to behave differently than any other bunch of politicians with regard to cronism, freebies and privelege. So it's no surpise it didn't take them long to put their snouts in the same swill. After all they are just so more untrustworthy politicians living their best political life the rosette colour only matters when they are appearing on TV.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I see one group declaring that they received gifts and hospitality, and one group not declaring that they received gifts and hospitality.

I also see Backhand Bob Jenrick has received £75k from a company with no employees on the payroll. Obviously as a non-minister he has had to declare this, but I wonder if he would have done so otherwise?
This post hasn’t aged very well, Kier and his benefactor not quite following the rules.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This morning, 4 a.m. BBC News reported that an ex-Minister in Singapore has been gaoled for 12 months for accepting gifts while in public office.

Were the early releases from UK prisons a couple of months ago to make room for a few MPs?

Back