• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Royal Tournament Petition

Soupdragon

Piermaster
I believe Cosford entered a team in the replacement Brickfields Field Gun Tournament not so long back, and fair play to them.

The nearest you'll get to the original now is the students of Wellington College who have a slightly smaller gun that they run over an original style course.

Rumour has it that all the original guns and equipment for the full sized teams has been stowed safely away.... just in case......................

H

Heilan

I believe Cosford entered a team in the replacement Brickfields Field Gun Tournament not so long back, and fair play to them.

The nearest you'll get to the original now is the students of Wellington College who have a slightly smaller gun that they run over an original style course.

Rumour has it that all the original guns and equipment for the full sized teams has been stowed safely away.... just in case......................

Oh I hope, I really hope!!! But knowing what the barstewards at No.10 are like, Hell will have to freeze over 1st. :pDT_Xtremez_32:

M

MilitaryTattoo

RoyalTournament.org

RoyalTournament.org

The RoyalTournament.org web site is part of a project to keep alive the traditions of the Royal Tournament which was the first, oldest and biggest Military Tattoo in the World until its demise in 1999.

Interest in the Royal Tournament has recently been revived; on 19th May 2008 the Ministry of Defence published the Report of Inquiry into: National Recognition of our Armed Forces. The report produced by Quentin Davies MP, Bill Clark OBE and Air Commodore Martin Sharp OBE MA recognised that “the Royal Tournament provided a very special opportunity for promoting the Armed Forces to the general public".

Click here to view the MOD Article
Click here to view the full report

With this in mind, we have re-launched the RoyalTournament.org web site with two main aims:
1. To provide information on the Royal Tournament and keep the traditions alive
2. To encourage people to show their support for the Royal Tournament by joining our mailing list*

*The mailing list will be used for the purposes of keeping people informed of progress on the project. Information will not be given to any third parties. We will publish the number of people that have signed up to show their support.

Cheers

MT

M

MilitaryTattoo

Sorted Now

Sorted Now

Thanks for pointing that out, its all sorted now.

Cheers

MT

M

MilitaryTattoo

New content

New content

By request we’ve added a bit more content to the site, including more YouTube videos. Please join the mailing list if you have a chance.

Regards

MT

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
By request we’ve added a bit more content to the site, including more YouTube videos. Please join the mailing list if you have a chance.

Regards

MT

Nice to see you'll added the 34 Sqn RAF Regt / QCS display from 98, that was in the view of a lot of people there, one of the best displays they had seen at Earls Court.

M

MilitaryTattoo

RoyalTournament.org

RoyalTournament.org

The RoyalTournament.org web site is part of a project to keep alive the traditions of the Royal Tournament which was the first, oldest and biggest Military Tattoo in the World until its demise in 1999.

Interest in the Royal Tournament has recently been revived; on 19th May 2008 the Ministry of Defence published the Report of Inquiry into: National Recognition of our Armed Forces. The report produced by Quentin Davies MP, Bill Clark OBE and Air Commodore Martin Sharp OBE MA recognised that “the Royal Tournament provided a very special opportunity for promoting the Armed Forces to the general public.

Click here to view the MOD Article
Click here to view the full report

With this in mind, we have re-launched the RoyalTournament.org web site with two main aims:
1. To provide information on the Royal Tournament and keep the traditions alive
2. To encourage people to show their support for the Royal Tournament by joining our mailing list*

*The mailing list will be used for the purposes of keeping people informed of progress on the project. Information will not be given to any third parties. We will publish the number of people that have signed up to show their support.

Cheers

MT

AndyZ

Sergeant
reading the reports on the last run of the gun at the Royal Tournament, the crews had decided to wear black armbands and MOD had told them no you wont.. there was even talk of time penalty's for each one wearing an arm band.. so both crews and their staff deliberately wore them so the penalty's canceled each other out and in the end no penalty's were awarded for that

When the announcer told the crowd that it was the last ever run of the gun the crowd turned very ugly, much booing and stamping of feet. cue red faces from the top brass

Cool Brittania eh Tony ?

I took my boys to the last tournament in 1999 and remember the teams wearing black armbands. Was also priveleged to have taken part in two tournaments 83 and 87...fond memories of a very drunken week spent in London:pDT_Xtremez_15:

M

MilitaryTattoo

RoyalTournament.org

RoyalTournament.org

www.royaltournament.org

We’ve recently updated the website and have now included our first gallery. If you have time look, we’d be interested in feedback on the site. Also, if you get a chance to join the mailing list that would help us out as well!

Many thanks

MT

M

MilitaryTattoo

www.royaltournament.org

We’ve recently updated the website and have now included our first gallery. If you have time look, we’d be interested in feedback on the site. Also, if you get a chance to join the mailing list that would help us out as well!

Many thanks

MT

T

TOM tranche1

Just subscribed to the mailing list, i remember fond (and young) memories of the Royal Tournament, especially '98.
That report sounds spot on, i think it was great, i always remember packed out seats. Lets have her back:pDT_Xtremez_27:

M

MilitaryTattoo

9 years on!

9 years on!

Nine years ago this week, Earls Court was alive with the sights and sounds of the Oldest Military Tattoo in the World as the Royal Tournament started its “LAST RUN”. The 1999 Royal Tournament was the 119th Tournament and in its final year the show played to full houses at Earls Court from 20th July – 2nd August 1999.

Please take a look at the www.RoyalTournament.org website and if you haven’t already done so, please join the mailing list. This is a quick and easy way to show your support for the Royal Tournament.

Many thanks

MT

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Joined the mailing list......brought back brilliant memories....the last one we went to see was 1996.

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

doc670

LAC
Bring it back.

Bring it back.

Re 1971, I played in that one with the Massed Apprentice Pipe Bands from Cosford, Halton and Hereford, I can't remember if Locking had one. We opened the show for the first two nights, then got to watch the rest of the show for free.
I was seriously p....d off when the B & B f..kwits in Westminster cancelled it as no longer appropriate or some other such nonsense. Bring it back, sooner the better.

Soupdragon

Piermaster
yes, Locking did have a Pipe and Drum band, not that i was part of it you understand, just did a lot of marching around to the tunez they pumped out.. I was at Locking 71 - 72, dunno why they didn't take part in the RT tho.. maybe couldn't be spared from their highly technical studies