• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAC(T)/JT to CPL promotion board 2012

mikesw7

LAC
Hello first post here,
Does anyone know if they have started releasing people to be pick up yet from the Avionics board?and if so any idea as to where the said individuals were on the board sat in Feb?im just trying to gauge my chances of being picked up this year, because if not like other in a similar boat i need to prepare for promotion to Mr.Rumours I have heard is that they have reached 43 already which seems a little too optimistic to me.Cheers guys/girls

Last edited:

mikesw7

LAC
Well hopefully they will keep a steady rate of releases. Never know they may increase promotions after tranche 2 has been released. Like they did for the heavies last year. Fingers crossed

mikesw7

LAC
On the manning website it states 50 but that is also the prediction for the first 6 mths. Also as i stated on my first post i have heard that at least number 43 has been reached (apparently turned it down). Was hoping for feedback on here as to how accurate it was.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On the manning website it states 50 but that is also the prediction for the first 6 mths. Also as i stated on my first post i have heard that at least number 43 has been reached (apparently turned it down). Was hoping for feedback on here as to how accurate it was.
It might be worth you speaking to your Appollo rep fella, he could give you the the exact gen as to where they are and the rough forecast....

mikesw7

LAC
Good advice mate, i will try and get hold of him next week after my leave. Was just hoping to get some optimistic news before then. Cheers

Last edited:

mikesw7

LAC
Ok people, i got through to my units career advisor today. He told me they have released upto 75 already, Im actually feeling optimistic now. Hope this info helps others

mikesw7

LAC
Hi all, after the last post i contacted the career advisor again on unit and he has stated as from the 28th they had now released 76. So obviously i don't know what to believe. Does anyone else know of others that have had their offers? Cheers

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Hi all, after the last post i contacted the career advisor again on unit and he has stated as from the 28th they had now released 76. So obviously i don't know what to believe. Does anyone else know of others that have had their offers? Cheers
I've been released from the board but not been told on what number I was. I'll ask later and post up as soon as I know.

Max

Sergeant
Once released to the PSL people are not promoted in numerical order so number 80 could get an offer before 60....

But does that mean they will receive an offer at some point or could they possibly be missed out if a slot doesn't appear for any reason?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
But does that mean they will receive an offer at some point or could they possibly be missed out if a slot doesn't appear for any reason?

They will recieve an offer eventually....one lad I knew was released to the PSL and eventually promoted after the next PSB sat. Not ideal granted, but he did get his offer....

mikesw7

LAC
I've just been told that two of my Av's have been released, posting waiting on the cpl to sgts board. They we in the 50's and 60's.

Awesome news, i just hope at least the flow of releases is maintained for a few more months :PDT_Xtremez_07: . Im personally expecting a influx of releases post the 12th of this month for obvious reasons. Also like you have stated once cpl -sgt board starts moving (strong rumours almost immediately post 12th) hopefully there will be move releases.
Thanks again stuck in a rut these are the exact type of replies to this thread i was after.

mikesw7

LAC
Just for info the board hasn't released any more yet on the promotion list still at 76. Hope it starts moving again, good luck to all:PDT_Xtremez_28:

sleddog

LAC
If it helps, I was 22 on the board and although I got told I was released immeadiately, I didn't hear anything until a month after.

I start at my new place on the 2nd July! :)

Back