• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAC(T)/JT to CPL promotion board 2012

mikesw7

LAC
If it helps, I was 22 on the board and although I got told I was released immeadiately, I didn't hear anything until a month after.

I start at my new place on the 2nd July! :)

Congrats and hope it's a posting you want, :PDT_Xtremez_30: I'm in a position at the moment that's close to the current released number but it's not quite there yet hopefully they will release more. Well done again n hope you enjoy your new post:PDT_Xtremez_26:

Just for info the board hasn't released any more yet on the promotion list still at 76. Hope it starts moving again, good luck to all:PDT_Xtremez_28:

I contacted drafter last week, they have released up to 84. Still a fair few to make offers too though. They estimate a further release in August. My two lads in the 50's have now had offers and moved on already.

mikesw7

LAC
I contacted drafter last week, they have released up to 84. Still a fair few to make offers too though. They estimate a further release in August. My two lads in the 50's have now had offers and moved on already.

Awesome now i am a giddy aunt Aug would be good for me, fingers crossed for everyone who's close now!!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
How reliable is all this info as I am around the 70 mark but wasn't holding my breath with regards to getting the promotion.

If I were you, I'd contact your Unit Careers Advisor or get one of your Management to ring Manning on your behalf - then you'll know from the horses mouth!

PS - This thread is TG1 Avionics info.

mikesw7

LAC
Unit careers advisor here is still telling me they have only reached 76, hope he is mis informed and previous submitted comment by another user is right. Oh well fingers crossed

mikesw7

LAC
My optimism is dwindling the unit careers advisor seems to be getting bored at responding to my fortnightly emails enquiring as to what the current state of play is. With their last response pretty much saying no change since you last asked, in not so many words. I almost felt the need to apologise for asking, I mean it's not as if it's is job or anything! I mean god forbid if anyone directed a trade and aircraft type question in my direction it would just be rude!!!:PDT_Xtremez_15:
So as it stands no movement, no new info on manning website and I'm not even hearing many rumours! Last one I heard is that the latest prediction is 103 anyone heard different?anything to add? Anyone know of colleagues higher than 70 been offered promotion? Cheers

Max

Sergeant
My optimism is dwindling the unit careers advisor seems to be getting bored at responding to my fortnightly emails enquiring as to what the current state of play is. With their last response pretty much saying no change since you last asked, in not so many words. I almost felt the need to apologise for asking, I mean it's not as if it's is job or anything! I mean god forbid if anyone directed a trade and aircraft type question in my direction it would just be rude!!!:PDT_Xtremez_15:
So as it stands no movement, no new info on manning website and I'm not even hearing many rumours! Last one I heard is that the latest prediction is 103 anyone heard different?anything to add? Anyone know of colleagues higher than 70 been offered promotion? Cheers

It might be frustrating but phoning up isn't going to make it happen, it's either on it's way or it's not so relax and wait. I know if someone kept phoning me every 2 minutes I'd get P**sed off too especially since there are lots of people in the same situation. It'll possibly show up first on JPA anyway.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It'll possibly show up first on JPA anyway.

Nah, the posting won't show up on JPA until the offer of promotion (and the subsequent posting) have been accepted by the individual....

Max

Sergeant
Nah, the posting won't show up on JPA until the offer of promotion (and the subsequent posting) have been accepted by the individual....

I know but I have known guys get a DWR for them to go as the next rank up before they knew about the promotion as well as some getting courses coming up before the notification.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I know but I have known guys get a DWR for them to go as the next rank up before they knew about the promotion as well as some getting courses coming up before the notification.

Indeed, but the posting for the promotion won't....thats all I was saying. A suprising number of people don't realise that.

sleddog

LAC
Indeed, but the posting for the promotion won't....thats all I was saying. A suprising number of people don't realise that.

Indeedy, if it was anything like mine it went straight to the sqn WO, via the sqn registry, who passed it to my AV TM who called me in and made sure I was sitting down before he showed me. It was just a 2page document stating Offer of advancement/promotion to Cpl, location: 12 Sqn Lossie. :PDT_Xtremez_42: Sign Here... (they give you 7days to get it signed by yourself, the boss etc) Then after a week and a bit, I got my official JPA. Didn't get any JMLC or ATSC dates for another month though.

Oh, and hearing that news I then nearly fell over in dismay. :S Scotland was a negative choice for me and I wanted to stay in RAF Lincolnshire, or go to Marham. Still, whereever you get sent, do not turn it down, you'd be a muppet to turn down what is becoming a rare opportunity for career advancement. Good news though, it all worked out alright in the end, and Lossie is a nice place, as is the sqn just the 8hours of travelling home to my house and missus every two weeks is abit of a nause but I get GYM(T) so more than covers me. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

My best advice, would be to just chill out and relax, if you get it fantastic, if you don't oh well just hope to next year. Just have the attitude of, pffft whatevers...

I know guys from last years board who were 83 to 94 (yes, the very last person to get it was 94 (I work with him), and I know no.95 who missed out but was lucky to be no.12 on this years board anyway!) They both only got their offers around the same time (to start in March), and no.12 heard a week after the board and started in May. So you can imagine their year, spending it all just not knowing if it was going to happen of not, proper dragged it out but it was all good in the end and they are decent lads who deserve it! :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:

mikesw7

LAC
Hello guys, I appreciate the comments since my last post was just having a bit of a crappy day and was annoyed that the unit career officer had less of a interest than I did(though I also appreciate at the RAF's biggest camp I won't be the only pester). Would it really be so hard though for manning to keep their little promotions and predicted promotions table updated ie latest predictions, released from board etc.

I will take advice and try and take a chill pill with regards to waiting, BUT! Another quick question I today spoke to a mate of mine who had a offer of promotion yesterday! The thing is his position is 7 places higher than me, and a lot higher than the last released position I was told about. My question is this, is it normal for board positions to be missed or jumped by this much and is it a given if he has been promoted places prior to him will get offers a some point? Cheers from a more chillaxed liney! Honest :PDT_Xtremez_07:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
People get an offer o promotion when they get released to the PSL. Generally people get released in batches, be it 5, 10, 20 whatever. Once released to the PSL your number goes out the window and you get promoted to suit the drafters needs so number 10 can get promoted ahead of number 1.

If your mate was below you and now has an actual offer of promotion this most likely means you have been released to the PSL and an offer will be forthcoming shortly.

mikesw7

LAC
Today's latest gen, i have been released posting to follow very shortly and they have released upto 100, well done all who are now getting picked up

mikesw7

LAC
Hello again people i Want to ask a quick question, have any fairies had an actual offer on here recently last fortnight etc? Because other than the word of my wobbly regarding my up coming promotion which he states had been discussed with the CM i have had no offers through stating i am actual staying on the sqn and on same shift apparently. The slot i should be replacing is vacant on the 20-25 of this month, is it really this hard to produce an offer of promotion when by all accounts my section and manning have agreed where i will go? I was released approx 6 wks ago and the lack of progress is hindering my personnel plans for future of wanting to move my family back to our home area for kids schools etc. Because obviously if the promotion turns out to be at the other end of the country my family will move with me.
Cheers

Hi

I got my offer of promotion last Thursday, and i'm due in post on the 17th of Sept. I was 119th on the board, but I am staying within the same section and shift just filling a vacant Cpl slot.
Don't know if this helps at all.
Cheers

Back