• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Save Kemble airfield

FOMz

Warrant Officer
It looks like the Cotswold District Councilhas got its sights on Kemble Airfield, due to complaints from alot of 'new' Gloucestershire residents, who don't like the noise.

You buy a house near an airfield - you expect noise. Here's the petion, sign if you want to:

Save Kemble Airfield

Last edited:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Duly signed. It always surprises me when new residents complain about the noise and expect something to be done about it.
Did they not research the place where they were going to live?
Waste of skin the lot of them.

I was at Kemble Airshow this weekend - working I add - but the commentaters were discussing it over the PA. Apparantly it's only one person who has complained with a small band of supporters and the worst thing is this guy is an ex military and civvy pilot! But the Cotswold council are taking it seriously... There's a public hearing November/December time so hopefully we'll be able to get the order overturned!

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Signed
and stuff 'em. we are in the business of winning wars. They tend to be noisy. so don't live next door if you don't like noise!

fileeth

Corporal
signed
Kemble is primarily a civilian operated airfield anyway so if they close it may well impact on the local area i.e jobs etc...

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Maybe it doesn't want saving, pretty much in the same way that Mountains don't need rescuing?:pDT_Xtremez_15: