• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scottish Olympic team for 2012.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Off Topic
Nazi is a bit strong.

Nazism is generally considered by scholars to be a form of fascism, and while it incorporated elements from both political wings, it formed most of its alliances on the political right.[10] Among the key elements of Nazism were anti-parliamentarism, Pan-Germanism, racism, collectivism,[11][12] eugenics, antisemitism, opposition to economic liberalism and political liberalism,[13][14][12] anti-communism, and totalitarianism.
Wikipedia

Nationalists, yes definitely, but I think even the most rabidly anti-English SNP supporter is in a completely different league from a good old fashioned nazi.

Back on topic though, maybe it's about time there was at least some recognition of the national heritage of our Team.
Yes they are British, and a part of team GB, but would it actually hurt to at least mention the fact that the individuals are Scots, English or Welsh?
There is still collective pride in our national team, this might emphasise the true nature of our country, a United Kingdom, made up of a collection of nationalities competing together against the world.
It might also put the brakes on those who are so desperate to tear the country to bits for their own political ends.

Last edited:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
I think there is one in Scotland, but it isn't up to a par with the one at Manchester.

They will have one in 2014, when Glasgow holds the Commonwealth Games. Going to name it after Chris Hoy, so the rumours go. SNP are living in Cloud Cuckoo land, if they think a Scottish team would do well on their own, Yes Jamaica did well, in ONE AREA OF SPORT ONLY, which was Track Athletics (in distances less than 400 metres to boot), which is the main sport in Jamaica. (They get 50,000 spectators in their junior Athletics championships alone FFS).

The main funding for sport in Jamaica goes to Athletics, they only had 57 athletes at the games and with the exception of 3 swimmers, a cyclist and a horse rider, were all Track and Field athletes, with a very heavy basis on Track. Only 8 the 52 Track and Field athletes were in the field events and they were Long Jump (1 male and 1 Female, who have to be able to run fast ), Triple Jump (same as long jump), javelin (same as long jump, have to run a bit), Shot putt (1 male) and the Decathlon (1 male, who has to be able to run fast). Any Scottish only team would have to get the same funding as the TEAM GB in backroom staff and other technical support to stand a chance of winning (that’s how the Cyclists did so well in the first place, paid for by 60 million people). There is no way that Scottish Olympic squad could win much, if at all, if they went it alone, they just wouldn’t be able to fund it.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Off Topic
Nazi is a bit strong.

Wikipedia

Nationalists, yes definitely, but I think even the most rabidly anti-English SNP supporter is in a completely different league from a good old fashioned nazi.

Back on topic though, maybe it's about time there was at least some recognition of the national heritage of our Team.

As in:

"Andy Murray, a medal hope who bombed in the tennis and really couldn't be @rsed being there at all is a Scot":PDT_Xtremez_19:

F

fergo

The SNP wont be in "power" come 2012. They are smarting from Team GBs success as they like t portray us all as England and Union Jack hating morons.

They are a joke and Salmon comes out with just total nonsense. No policies and no benefit from Independance as far as i can see. His plan to plug public spending gaps with oil revenues is a road to ruin.

Put simply, I cant understand why the opposition havent showed that the numbers dont add up. 60 million people generating tax income allows Scoland to spend £X on public spending, 4.6 million beople would mean scotland genertated £x. Not difficult!

Met Alex way back in '97 whilst at school in Peterhead (fcuking dump), and I asked him where he intended on getting money when all the oil revenue moves south of the border to escape his tax hikes.
He ignored the question and had a pop at me for being english, the guy is a damn racist, end of.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Well all i can see is this is an English vs Scotland thread bashing post again started by an Englishman reading the papers too much , if you believe what crap is in that paper you believe anything.

I hate this SNP tosh as well and dont support it in anyway and my guess either does much of my home country , again 1 man with his head in cukoo land

Rant over

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Well all i can see is this is an English vs Scotland thread bashing post again started by an Englishman reading the papers too much , if you believe what crap is in that paper you believe anything.

Really?? I had no intention of starting a Scotland bashing thread and it did happen to be a news story on the day I created the post. If you noticed, it was on the BBC and not a newspaper. I like Scotland and have done a tour there (so I have lived there as well!)

Personally, if the majority of Scotland wished to go the way Alex Salmond wants to go, who are the English to stop it.

However England and Scotland are always going to be stronger with the union than without it in all forms of life. History has always shown that and the SNP delude themselves if they think overwise.

Sergeant
im a jock and i think you are a typical rab c nesbit who gives the rest a bad name there is a big world out there you are a small fish in a small pond the world dosnt revolve round scotland live with it
nazi ?? as a proud scotsman i dont fcuking think so :PDT_Xtremez_32: when i wipe out a few million english i will back down until then stfu

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Did they bother to ask Chris Hoy??

Very obviously not.

Chris Hoy got asked would he be happy to carry the Scottish Flag in London 2012 at a press conference just held, to which he replied, He’d already carried the Scottish Flag at the Commonwealth Games and was a very proud Scot, However Scotland is part of the UK and He’d also carried the Union Flag, as a very proud Brit. He also stated it would be a non-starter unless funding for sport in Scotland was massively increased. This was just after slapping down Edinburgh city council for pulling down the cycling track where he started the sport and not replacing it.

Nice one Chris :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Very obviously not.

Chris Hoy got asked would he be happy to carry the Scottish Flag in London 2012 at a press conference just held, to which he replied, He’d already carried the Scottish Flag at the Commonwealth Games and was a very proud Scot, However Scotland is part of the UK and He’d also carried the Union Flag, as a very proud Brit. He also stated it would be a non-starter unless funding for sport in Scotland was massively increased. This was just after slapping down Edinburgh city council for pulling down the cycling track where he started the sport and not replacing it.

Nice one Chris :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Agreed. Big Kudos to the big man. You saw his pride on the podium as a Brit and his disgust with ECC as a Scot.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
im a jock and i think you are a typical rab c nesbit who gives the rest a bad name there is a big world out there you are a small fish in a small pond the world dosnt revolve round scotland live with it
Off Topic in the intrests of not not dragging this thread too far off topic do you want to explain to me what the f**k your trying to get at with your last comment im well aware of the big world i live in iv'e seen a lot of it i just think likening a group of patriotic people to the nazi's is wrong.
im proud of who i am and where im from but you think you can sum me up from one sentence?
just how do i give the rest a bad name? i await your explanation with baited breath Off Topic

W

Wing boy

Off Topic in the intrests of not not dragging this thread too far off topic do you want to explain to me what the f**k your trying to get at with your last comment im well aware of the big world i live in iv'e seen a lot of it i just think likening a group of patriotic people to the nazi's is wrong.
im proud of who i am and where im from but you think you can sum me up from one sentence?
just how do i give the rest a bad name? i await your explanation with baited breath Off Topic

And if you could ask him/her to chuck in a few full stops and commas so the rest of us could read it, that would be nice.

Back