• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sgt - CT ATM promotion board

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Spoke to them today, finally got an answer but not the one I wanted to hear, it turns out that for some reason I was put into c cat on the pre board even though I have enough assesments / recomendations, I have an interview with the chief clerk tomorrow to find out more. If it is a fluck up do I have any recourse?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If it is a fluck up do I have any recourse?

Yes. You can be retrospectively graded. Happened to two of my guys earlier in the year. Wasn't difficult to get sorted either, the CC dealt with it all. Took a couple of weeks for the answer to come back.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Spoke to them today, finally got an answer but not the one I wanted to hear, it turns out that for some reason I was put into c cat on the pre board even though I have enough assesments / recomendations, I have an interview with the chief clerk tomorrow to find out more. If it is a fluck up do I have any recourse?

don't you only need 3 assessments now?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
yes 3 years is all you need to be looked at, I have 5 years. I had my interview with the chief clerk who promptly told me I was a B grade, which totally contradicted what PMA told me ( they said I was pre-boarded as a C grade) and I need to be doing extra this that and the other and tough **** try again next year. Short of shoving a broom up my back side and sweeping whilst I am going I can do no more so I will pick myself up and enter the lottery again next year :-(

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
yes 3 years is all you need to be looked at, I have 5 years. I had my interview with the chief clerk who promptly told me I was a B grade, which totally contradicted what PMA told me ( they said I was pre-boarded as a C grade) and I need to be doing extra this that and the other and tough **** try again next year. Short of shoving a broom up my back side and sweeping whilst I am going I can do no more so I will pick myself up and enter the lottery again next year :-(

Technically it can be less depending on what your potential for 2 ranks up was graded at (or Excep for one in the case of FS). I think there will be quite a few people in a strange situation for the next few years until the 3 year rule becomes the norm.

hackmid

LAC
Wtf

Wtf

don't you only need 3 assessments now?

Basics Mr Masher-know your competition......... Plus all this information is easily available.......even at industry locations.

A good promotion board from how I see it, Smallies having to get some time in & time in chaps shining. As for PVR'ers & retention...... think the board has acknowledged this, and the 3 year qualification. Will see proper rewarded, senior Sgt's promoted to Chf Tech. Next SDR will open another can of worms, but it's caos and will be for a while. Enjoy.

Back