• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sinking ship

• Thread starter Thread starter redeye
  • Start date Start date

Intheknow

LAC
I also know lots of techies that get to go away with the raf, but its always to the same places like afgan or iraq, none the less they do get out of the office here.

Must be nice in your RAF all those expeds i bet you dont have any bother putting leave in do you, while the rest of us have to carry over theirs in my case 28 days, just not enough people around to be allowed time off, they are busy on these expeds to war zones[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Iam having to try and carry over 27 days leave for this year as I have been away so often!!..Cant get leave in let alone an exped. My missus summed it up the other day. Over heard her on the phone to a friend saying she was having to plan the next few months as a single parent !!!!

Last edited:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I've been following this thread with great interest. What makes you guys think it's only happening to techies? I've been in my current job for 10 months but I have spent fewer than 30 days behind my desk. I did get to go on AT for a week, but I had to forfeit leave for it and I still have 27 days that I have been unable to take.

The ship may be sinking but there's a lot more than TG1 & 2 on it.

C

Captain Gatso

I disagree totaly with the fact that few techies get to go on expeds. I know plenty who have been on trips in the last few years, all of whom have worked on front line squadrons. The main obstacle to expeds is the fact that lots of people are too lazy to take advantage of the opportunities that are available.
.[/QUOTE]
I'm shocked by this one. Where are these techies being hiding to be able to go on expeds? I only guess that these bods are currently on the ever diminshing second line of the Airforce. I cannot imagine any front line bod could be able to go on these expeds. If a bloke is going to there line manager, (who has pulled out any remaining hair on his or hers head, due to frustration of trying to put together a manning list for a shift.) Saying can I go on this trip with such and such. The answer, will be a resounding GET STUFFED. It's a logical answer. In this every decreasing manpower Airforce, with an ever increasing workload. What techie in the Aiforce has got any chance of doing sport trips.:PDT_Xtremez_25:

C

Combet Sheep

If anyone had actually bothered to read the last reply I wrote then they would know I said those people were on front line squadrons - GR4 squadrons from Lossiemouth who do go out to the gulf a lot!!!!!!

Get off your high horses and get down the gym and see what is available. Most people who complain about not going on expeds dont actually ask to go on any. If you dont ask, you dont get.

C

Combet Sheep

DF on a Tornado squadron - yes it is nice. Or maybe I'm just being rewarded for all the hard work I do.

C

Captain Gatso

Get off your high horses and get down the gym and see what is available. Most people who complain about not going on expeds dont actually ask to go on any. If you dont ask, you dont get.
[/QUOTE]

Ok mate. I've bitten. I HAVE BEEN ON EXPEDS. The only problem is. That it was at a time when, we had the MANPOWER FOR TECHIES TO GO. I guess things for you, in your part of Lossie are fairly good, to that of the rest of us, down here in Swampy land. If you are indeed going away on expeds. Great, crack on. Just don't forget, as what I have posted previoulsy. LINE MANANGERS DO NOT HAVE THE MANPOWER OR THE RESOURCES TO ALLOW TECHIES TO GO ON EXPEDS. IF THE FLYING PROGRAMME REMAINS AT THE SAME LEVELS TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE THE LAST LOAD OF REDUNDANCIES.::/:

Thats it, rant over. Next,

Its happening everywhere, but there is always a few who get to go away, usually because they're up their bosses arse or useless. Tried to get away recently and was told I could'nt cos it would leave only one sooty cpl on shift, but started nights last night only to find the other two cpl's on the shift are off, one on holiday and one on an exped. fcuking joke (sorry I'm a bit bitter)

Back