• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some Advice required

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Just seeking a bit of advice from anyone in the know.

If hypothetically a Flt Lt Level 7 (9) was to leave the RAF now for a Sqn Ldr FTRS Ltd Commitment post could anyone answer the following questions:
  1. Will the salary be as a S/L or the same as the individuals current salary on exit?
  2. Will the individual get the X-Factor
  3. If the individual remained on AFPS 75 will they get their lump sum?
Thank you for the advice I can pass onto my friend

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just seeking a bit of advice from anyone in the know.

If hypothetically a Flt Lt Level 7 (9) was to leave the RAF now for a Sqn Ldr FTRS Ltd Commitment post could anyone answer the following questions:
  1. Will the salary be as a S/L or the same as the individuals current salary on exit? Sqn Ldr salary.
  2. Will the individual get the X-Factor In essence no.
  3. If the individual remained on AFPS 75 will they get their lump sum? Yes.
Thank you for the advice I can pass onto my friend

Bear in mind as well, the 75 pension income stream will be abated as well.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
  1. Will the salary be as a S/L or the same as the individuals current salary on exit?
You should be paid as a year 1 Sqn Ldr, as that is the contracted position, unless theyn position is rank ranged and they can possibly pay you less.

1. Will the individual get the X-Factor
Depends upon the contract. Limited commitment attracts 5% IO 13% as of now. Home committment gets nothing

1. If the individual remained on AFPS 75 will they get their lump sum?
As I recall, unless you have been out for 5 years, this is witheld - bit flakey on this.

As has been stated, they will steal your pension so that you do not earn any more than you should as a year 1 sqn Ldr.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
  1. If the individual remained on AFPS 75 will they get their lump sum?
As I recall, unless you have been out for 5 years, this is witheld - bit flakey on this.

No mate, still get it.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
1 you dont earn less than you do now.... ie if the SL rank pay range is less than you get now you get FTRS SL pay topped up to your old money by your monthly pension but thats it. no extra monthly pension......
2 X Faxtor is included in your FTRS pay depending on what commitment as stated.
3 I left on day 2 one month rejoined day 3 same month no career break and got full resettlement and lump sum
4 while you may not receive your full monthly pension payment remember that you are starting a new pension with similar rates to the one you are on now, so when you leave you get your RAF pension, FTRS pension and a couple of years after that if its still running your State pension.

Last edited:

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Read the re-employment booklet, ref- MPP116, it has loads of examples and what you will have to give back etc,