• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spares anyone?

• Thread starter Thread starter Biggsoir
  • Start date Start date
N

NotAnIDOYet

Didn't realise we were so cash-strapped that we had to resort to to a Jumble Sale to raise some money.

G

gemarriott

never could order these spares on tombs

2 [SIZE=-3]EA [/SIZE]MUFF
8 [SIZE=-3]EA [/SIZE]HALF MUFF
9 [SIZE=-3]EA [/SIZE]HALF MUFF

wonder how much a muff is? Might order one for my birthday.

Last edited:

Rikster

Sergeant
Since when did Harriers have lox pots?

You're obviously not old enough to remember GR3's and T4's :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Always wondered why the replenishment point was down the back end where all the grease and crap used to accumulate!! Good idea with LOX!

I'm not old enough to remember GR1's

W

Wonky Tonka

Wonder how many D-states we could clear with that little lot?

I'm sure the powers-at-be checked that they were all obsolete spares..........

.......didn't they??

Boomerang

LAC
Could be a good business venture that. Buy the lot then re-sell it back to the RAF coz we all know that the mob pay ludicrous amounts for the most trivial of items.:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Aircraft Spares!?!

Aircraft Spares!?!

Well no wonder we struggle to keep things going with this little lot up for sale. I'm gonna send the e-mail address to OC depth and ask him if it will help his precious lean system work!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

I bet all the NSN's are wrong anyway... the stackers change them so often that they'll be all those NIR items that I'm looking for!:PDT_Xtremez_25:

HTB

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
Being a non-expert in the field of logistics, I was confused how serviceable parts for an in-Service aircraft can be on sale. Then I saw this on their website:

We provide a marketplace and value-added services that enable corporations and government agencies to enhance their financial return from the sale of excess assets.
Our service offerings, including sales and marketing, logistics and transaction settlement, simplifies the sales process for manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, service companies and government agencies such as the UK MoD and the US DoD in the UK

Must be something legit in it all then?????

D

Defender of the universe

AHH well I gues that if we get rid of the stackers we could use this site and order all the bits we need. Bet ya bottom dollar you will get the spares quicker as well and that you wont be told "oh thats a wrong number have you got a good number".

B

born free now trapped

That is shocking! In a world of inabilities they are selling kit off

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
I have heard a rumor that any product that is bought by the MOD is immediatly sold at 150%+ of the RRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really do wonder why the hell tonka kit is up for sale on line. As far as i know ( MJ to confirm) there are no tor-na-dos flying in the civvie world!

Oh hang on BAe are making a killing again right? CNUTS can we bomb, their multiple HQ's (hold off on marsh!te till i gets to benson)!

M

monobrow

can we bomb, their multiple HQ's

Off Topic You mean hanger 1, 2, 3 and 4?

It's true though, we do end up paying through the nose as usually we employ an officer to handle contracts whereas the companies employ contractual law types. Guess who comes off worse :PDT_Xtremez_42:

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant

Off Topic You mean hanger 1, 2, 3 and 4?

Off Topic yep hangar 1,2,3 & 4, and anywhere else they have rocks that they crawl out from under!

I dont really no how the priceing works on parts but when you get the chits from the stackers with parts and it say 300+ notes for a small pipe. you really wonder how much these companies are making

L

Little Tronk

Wonder how many D-states we could clear with that little lot?

I'm sure the powers-at-be checked that they were all obsolete spares..........

.......didn't they??

Every now and then places like Stafford have a 'spring clean'. One of my lads went down there and anything that was unidentifiable, damaged or had no repair contract was binned. Alot of kit was re-labeled and sent out for return to stock/repair mind.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Off Topic yep hangar 1,2,3 & 4, and anywhere else they have rocks that they crawl out from under!

I dont really no how the priceing works on parts but when you get the chits from the stackers with parts and it say 300+ notes for a small pipe. you really wonder how much these companies are making

I've mentioned this before in another thread. It's all to do with liability in the event that a spare part failure is directly responsible for bringing a jet down.

By the way who actually buys the stuff that's on this website?

I saw a Tonka Gr1 main computer on ebay a while ago - what the f@ck would you do with it?? I aso saw a centre windscreen for sale with the description "would make an ideal coffee table!

KieronSRI

LAC
All i can say is if you anyone of you lot modified your pc or car with a faster processor or bigger wheels you dont keep the old obsolete items do you!! You sell them on to make some money back!

Back