• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRO and SSO’s

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Although quite often here I see serving US Personnel trying to beat the tannoy by running to the smoking area or inside a building to avoid having to stand to attention for 2mins.....

Now I have a role where Capacity Planning is a very important part of the week, I shudder at the thought of how many man hours of productivity are lost each year on this sort of event. 50 people a day caught outside 5 days a week equates the entire weekly productivity of 1.2 individuals!

Digzster

Sergeant
C'mon Spearmint - we've all done that!!! (except possibly ILLBW.....) At least in the RAF we only had/have to stand when in sight of the ensign/can hear the whistle. The RN have to do it wherever they are out in the open as 'Colours' is tannoyed across the station.

Two of my old bases Neatishead & Henlow used to use the Stn tannoy in the 90's for ensign up & down.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Now I have a role where Capacity Planning is a very important part of the week, I shudder at the thought of how many man hours of productivity are lost each year on this sort of event. 50 people a day caught outside 5 days a week equates the entire weekly productivity of 1.2 individuals!

How much time is wasted walking around grass or having to park in a distant car park.

I regularly visit a site based on an old RAF Station with a part of the airfield working as the car park and most of the paths set at right angles.

Notice I didn’t mention smoke breaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
C'mon Spearmint - we've all done that!!! (except possibly ILLBW.....) At least in the RAF we only had/have to stand when in sight of the ensign/can hear the whistle. The RN have to do it wherever they are out in the open as 'Colours' is tannoyed across the station.

It's worse hear as you can't really hear the tannoys whilst driving along so you become oblivious to it.....unless some thick redneck in his Dodge Ram Pick up adorned with 'Hillary for Prison' and NRA stickers suddenly stamps their brakes on in front of you....

br9mp81

Corporal
It's worse hear as you can't really hear the tannoys whilst driving along so you become oblivious to it.....unless some thick redneck in his Dodge Ram Pick up adorned with 'Hillary for Prison' and NRA stickers suddenly stamps their brakes on in front of you....
trust me your hear the bugger if you get to ramstein, everything stops

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Walking to and from car parks at a North West Shipyard I used to work in could take an hour out of your day...Your day not theirs as you had to clock in so you had to come in ever earlier to try and get your hours done.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Walking to and from car parks at a North West Shipyard I used to work in could take an hour out of your day...Your day not theirs as you had to clock in so you had to come in ever earlier to try and get your hours done.

rocket scientist

Sergeant
Standing for the Star Spangled Banner used to cause mutterings at Al Kharj as well and I remember all the Brit lads standing to attention when "Rule Britannia" was played briefly during a film (it may have been "the Mummy" but don't quote me on that).