• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG17's 5-a-sides 2010

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Not sure how I feel about Soutwick Park. Great that the momentum to organise is there but its the a*se end of nowhere and a pain to get to.
At this Unit Flts have to be sanctioned at a very senior level and that means a very long drive for us to get there. Mind you if someone else drives.............

We could always hold it at your unit. You've got a new protege heading your way in a couple of weeks and he styles his hair like a premiership footballer. Could be just the thing for him!

KingGuin

Sergeant
We could always hold it at your unit. You've got a new protege heading your way in a couple of weeks and he styles his hair like a premiership footballer. Could be just the thing for him!

I knew there was a reason you were accepted to the Dark Side lmao. I think the boy would be ideal. I'll suggest it to his nominated grown up as a perfect development activity for a JO.

KingGuin

Sergeant
It is a bit of a dump, agreed. I have always found air travel no problem when it can be demonstrated it's cheaper than train; surely air must be cheaper from your location? Or is your accts flt just being the handbrake within handbrake house???

Granted. However all air travel from here is currently approved by the Staish and ridiculously even if 1st class rail is (as it is often) cheaper than 2nd it will not be authorised as it "sends out the wrong message". But that's another thread altogether.

That aside, I'll speak to the troops next week and see if there's any interest.

NFTR

SAC
Have you considered Northolt, to see if they will host it. They have 3 superb astroturf 5-a-side pitches overlooked by the Sports & Social bar (which has a beer terrace) atop the new Gym. Accommodation might be the problem though, there ain't any. :PDT_Xtremez_21:

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Rather than discussing alternate locations (regardless of that it is most likely required - 1 for the trade sponsors?) it's going to be held at Southwick Park.

So here's the excuse for one & all to go and get p1ssed in the South. Get your Chf Clks off their ass and get it arranged so we can get a decent turnout (players & supporters)

C

cokehead27

Would love to make an appearance with an AFCO side but unfortunately the 31 July no good for me.

Big shame will have too wait til next years!!

Woodja

Corporal
Just heard a rumour that the event is being cancelled due to poor attendance (only 6 teams have regsitered) - anyone have any more info?

Back