• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thank Wootton Bassett-e petition

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
The people of Wootton Bassett in Wiltshire turn out constantly and selflessly to honour the servicemen and women who gave their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan and should be recognised by the Government for this meaningful act. It would be nice to see some sort of meaningful recognition and not just a line spoken in Parliament. A lot of people in the country are proud of what the town is doing and would like to see the Government recognise it too.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/WoottonBassett/

(Mods,any chance of a sticky for this?)

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Signed. The people of Wootton Bassett deserve a lot of credit for the way they conduct themselves.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Signed.
All honour to the citizens of Wooton Basset; they do the rest of us proud.

P

psycho-fluffy

Signed and link posted to another military forum to widen potential signers.

P-F

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Signed it of course

Signed it of course

I have often thought this myself about the people lining the streets when I see it on the news, therefore they also deserve our admiration for the time they give in respect of our fallen.

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Signed of course

Have to admit I was in WB when the 5 lads came back just before Xmas and stood proudly alongside the people of Bassett and was taken aback by people of all ages and all walks of life who stood in silence as the cars drove through the town, I for one would like to say THANK YOU to everyone of them...

Signed and will give it as much publicity in the safer sandpit as I can.

Drove through Wootton Bassett when the Rifles guys came back, just as everyone was starting to come together on the streets. The looks on peoples faces didn't say they were bored or doing it out of necessitity, they genuinely want to show their respect. They deserve to be recognised.

KingGuin

Sergeant
I served in SA at time when one of their own was KIA in Afghan and repatriated via Lye. The Mayor of Wootton Bassett forwarded CCTV footage of the cortege driving throughout the town showing the townsfolk showing their respect. The family were not only moved, but exceptionally grateful that their son's sacrifice was recognised by the public. Petition signed!