• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Air Hospital - Channel 4 - Thurs 25 Mar

shettie

Flight Sergeant
I only caught the last 15 mins - got it recorded... The CCAST and MERT teams are really special people - I have the utmost of respect for their professionalism and courage in what must be the most difficult of circumstances. They make me really proud to have served...

N

NotAnIDOYet

The one thing I found bizarre, and this is being very picky and probably slightly irrelevant, but why were all the C17 external airborne shots of a USAF jet?

Other than that, top bit of programme making, nice to see no editorial comment on the whys and wherefores of the war, just showing people getting on with their jobs.

However I am strangely interested in the Chicken Tikka Lasagne...

FOMz

Warrant Officer
It makes a change to have a well produced documentary made, rather than some of the 'sunsational' dross that has been made of late.

A big thumbs up to C4.

DHI

LAC
RESPECT well deserved

RESPECT well deserved

Cracking docu....another side I wasnt overly aware of....... Well done everybody.....

Hats off.... to you all

WOODERS

LAC
Good programme and more objective than some have been.

Your heart goes out to those lads with such injuries.

Many of the medical / nursing staff seemed to be RAuxAF from what those being interviewed said.

Is this a different set-up to 4626 Squadron?

Hi. I'm afraid that was a bit misleading! Us CCAST lot are all Regs and not Reserves! We keep clinically current by working in NHS (Selly Oak in Birmingham, John Radcliffe in Oxford plus others) and do regular on calls on the CCAST rota.
I love my job and want to thank you guys for all your support.

CCAST...Bringing home the heroes....

N

NotAnIDOYet

nit picking ****

Why is correcting innacurate journalism nit picking? I firmly believe that the forces deserve better than some lazy-arsed reporter making things up that could easily be checked.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Great Documentary and well done to all involved! I hope to see something similar on the great work that the MERT guys do.

Sergeant
Why is correcting innacurate journalism nit picking? I firmly believe that the forces deserve better than some lazy-arsed reporter making things up that could easily be checked.
Its not about the aircraft its about the people, what thay are flying in is a side issue.The great majority will just see what a sterling job these medics do.If the journo got it wrong about the aircraft who gives a siht,the message gets across.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Its not about the aircraft its about the people, what thay are flying in is a side issue.The great majority will just see what a sterling job these medics do.If the journo got it wrong about the aircraft who gives a siht,the message gets across.

I agree, to a point. My issue is that things could so easily be checked, the flying scenes all showed a USAF Air Mobility Command C17, I know that this could have been cost cutting by using archive footage but I feel this sends the wrong message to the public, who after all have paid a large amount of money for these airframes.

Penfold's thread hits the nail on the head. The RAF PR machine are letting us down and in these days of cost cutting and penny pitching then we need all the exposure we can get.

These medics, Reservist and regular, deserve all the exposure they got. The public also saw that the RAF does more than Harriers and the Red Arrows and this can only be a good thing. I just think that some need to work harder on the detail.

S

smokeyreid

I saw the programme last night and must admit was very impressed and made me feel proud to be RAF.

I do think that more programmes like this are needed and programmes like the series that Ross Kemp did in Afghan, so many people out on the street don't fully realise what we do and I think we would have so much more respect if this did happen. Maybe even slow down some of the protests against our armed forces like in Wooton Bassett a while ago.

It was also humbling to watch the pilot on there as well who gave a number of down to earth points of view from the cockpit and must say seemed to be a good lad, unlike a number of others who just seem to be full of self importance!!!!!!

Sergeant
I agree, to a point. My issue is that things could so easily be checked, the flying scenes all showed a USAF Air Mobility Command C17, I know that this could have been cost cutting by using archive footage but I feel this sends the wrong message to the public, who after all have paid a large amount of money for these airframes.

Penfold's thread hits the nail on the head. The RAF PR machine are letting us down and in these days of cost cutting and penny pitching then we need all the exposure we can get.

These medics, Reservist and regular, deserve all the exposure they got. The public also saw that the RAF does more than Harriers and the Red Arrows and this can only be a good thing. I just think that some need to work harder on the detail.
point taken

Back