• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The last Appo

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Surely there can't be many of Trenchard's brats still left in uniform. Like the last JT in the airforce we must be getting close to the last Appo. They finished with the 155 entry and 153 passed out in 91 or 92 so 24 years later are we nearly done with them? Thus bringing to an end all the Appo gags and ritual split brain slagging off.

Surely there can't be many of Trenchard's brats still left in uniform. Like the last JT in the airforce we must be getting close to the last Appo. They finished with the 155 entry and 153 passed out in 91 or 92 so 24 years later are we nearly done with them? Thus bringing to an end all the Appo gags and ritual split brain slagging off.

Sausage 2 to name but 1........

I know a couple of Brats still serving. One just got his WO and one has been a Engo for some time.

Surely the last JT is gone now too?

I got my CPL 2.5 years ago after 13 as a JT (twas a naughty boy), the drafter said i was in the last 10 Av's, with some of them time exiting soon.

I have seen 1 J/T at the shinny fighter station in Lincs, but that was a good year ago, and then the was the one the bbc remeberence parade last year that was one of the injured chaps they honoured.

I thought our own FS/WO was one? Theres a wobbly down the airfield who was on my entry, 130. The snec in your office knows him TB.

Yes Appo's are not yet gone but dwindling each year there will be a time when someone is the last one and it can't be many years away. As for JT's hard to think there are any left in the heavy trade considering how long the West Midlands training base has been pumping out SAC Techs.

I think that the last entry was 156 who would have started in 1990. Dependant on what mess of terms and conditions they are subjected to then the last 815 will depart the service in 2027 if they were 16 when they joined.and they don't use continuance etc. Although to get through the cuts erosion of pensions etc I'll be surprised if any make it.

S2 still has years to do and he won't be leaving any time soon. In his own words "he's unemployable on civvy street"

Back