• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This lecky is not for changing

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Well I've just returned from my box changing course and I must admit that it was quite interesting. I mainly learnt 2 things in 5 weeks though.

a) FM doesn't mean Frequency Modulation, it means "****ing Magic"

b) Why all fairies are freaks!!!

G

gemarriott

Well I've just returned from my box changing course and I must admit that it was quite interesting. I mainly learnt 2 things in 5 weeks though.

Aw bollox I thought you'd fcuking snuffed it:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

Yes, FM is F*ing Magic. Data transmissions are somewhere out of the galaxy.
Fairies are not freaks. There's still quite a few of them around. . . . .

T93

Sergeant
Yes, FM is F*ing Magic. Data transmissions are somewhere out of the galaxy.
Fairies are not freaks. There's still quite a few of them around. . . . .

Nope.

WCDMA Wideband Code Divison access over the Air interface is magic. Well at least most of the time.:PDT_Xtremez_42:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Nope.

WCDMA Wideband Code Divison access over the Air interface is magic. Well at least most of the time.:PDT_Xtremez_42:

It was all hocus-pocus to me mate. Thank God (or Allah, as there are quite a few "foreign" students at Cosford at present) for the ability to condense the entire set of course notes onto a scientific calculator case for easy reclamation during the exam!! When do I exchange my pooch for chicken bones?

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
You cheating barsteward :PDT_Xtremez_42:

Well they wouldn't let me take some dice into the exam and I doubt they'd accept:

Q1) NFF

Q2) Change LRU's until the fault goes away or I can blame some wiring.

Q3) Keep pressing buttons until I get the display I want.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

An english lecky???

I might not be English. i might be a discerning Jock, or Paddy.
Still, thank fcuk im not Welsh!!!
Did you ever complete an MSAT course? If you did then you maybe will appreciate the fine art of fault finding, not many fairies do.
To quote from a fairy, (a long, long time ago): black box out, black box in - endex.

Did you ever complete an MSAT course? If you did then you maybe will appreciate the fine art of fault finding, not many fairies do.
To quote from a fairy, (a long, long time ago): black box out, black box in - endex.

What as opposed to broken bulb out, new bulb in? And yes, it is a bulb, the filament is the ****ing tungsten bit inside said bulb.

I also have to add that i've seen jyust as much random box changing done by dog ****ers up here at Lossie too, particularly in the anti icing system. Not to mention a recent static leak which had the amazing fault diagnosis technique of snooping random easy Accessable unions for 24 hours. Until a box changing fairy suggested splitting the system down and actually proving where the leak was.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
That's about it!!!
Most of our kit is/was contained in boxes which were painted black, except the TACAN on the the Jag, for some unknown reason it was grey, so it would be a case of black box in, black box out, after the fault finding though!!!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

davie77

LAC
It all depends, my Squadron has been really slack for a while now regards multi-skilling, we got a new FS and AV Chief from Cosford and now its all go-go-go

Last edited:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
What as opposed to broken bulb out, new bulb in? And yes, it is a bulb, the filament is the ****ing tungsten bit inside said bulb.

I also have to add that i've seen jyust as much random box changing done by dog ****ers up here at Lossie too, particularly in the anti icing system. Not to mention a recent static leak which had the amazing fault diagnosis technique of snooping random easy Accessable unions for 24 hours. Until a box changing fairy suggested splitting the system down and actually proving where the leak was.

But the bulb doesn't blow, does it? The filament ruptures. So you ran the risk of INDUCING a leak into the system then? There's nothing wrong with starting with the easy places first mate.

Back