• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Training and ethics

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Family Members

Family Members

Getting this thread back on track....

I don't think a family member should be involved in training environment.

Even if a person isn't giving special privelidge to his son/brother /cousin /sister or whatever, some people will still make the accusation about unfair treatment.

This will put undue pressure on all involved and could increase someones workload to investigate unfounded allegations.

Getting this thread back off track...

We can and still do safety fail people, however it's damn hard to get the evidence together, make the people who make decisions to agree to a recourse and finally find a course to stick them on!

That's why we try damn hard to give the front line a decent replacement, no matter what restrictions we face!

Hurrah!

HTB

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
One thing to remember is the vast majority of trainees Fat Lazy Techy sees are u/t AMM's, he is not talking about SAC's on further training (Fitters) courses. However he is absolutley correct it is very difficult but not impossible to bin a feckwit. As to the original question about family ties for me a family member in an instructional role should distance themselves from another family member who is in training. It has happened in my place were people have declared an interest and specifically asked not to be involved with that partucular trainee in any way. The correct action in my view.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
I do hope the trade sposonsor can sleep at night knowing that changes to the course and dilution of standards allow this sort of thing to happen.

The changes to the course are driven by the Sponsor through the DSAT process. It is up to the Delivery Squadron to ensure that the Training Objectives are met in full to the correct Conditions and Standards that are specified in the Formal Training Statement.

As for your query in your post, if there is a conflict of interest between the trainee and the instructor, it is the duty of the instructor to ensure that he/she is totally impartial and unquestionably neutral in his dealing with the trainees and if there is any conflict in this the instructor should inform his management accordingly.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The changes to the course are driven by the Sponsor through the DSAT process. It is up to the Delivery Squadron to ensure that the Training Objectives are met in full to the correct Conditions and Standards that are specified in the Formal Training Statement. As for your query in your post, if there is a conflict of interest between the trainee and the instructor, it is the duty of the instructor to ensure that he/she is totally impartial and unquestionably neutral in his dealing with the trainees and if there is any conflict in this the instructor should inform his management accordingly.

Just for a change I am in complete agreement with the good Capt. All you can do is instruct to the laid down spec whether that is a dilution of standards is a topic for a whole new thread. As regards involvement with fellow family members Capt Slog is right again. Keep away, have no involvment of any kind, simples. Think of the stude he/she wants to suceed on merit not because some family guy sneaked them through. As a youngster think of the stick a course could generate if it was even touted that x only passed because uncle y signed the paperwork.

Back