• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uniform unrecognised?

• Thread starter Thread starter Chuffybum
  • Start date Start date
M

monobrow

Betcha it doesn't say 1250 on it!!!

Got mine not to long ago, it has an expiry date and MOD 90 on it :PDT_Xtremez_08:

F***ing hell i've had a new ID for about 3 months now and never noticed that it wasn't a 1250... should really pay more attention

AND an expiry date... why's that do they know something i don't??:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
ID's

ID's

I was ord cpl about 18 months ago and new sprog turns up for car pass...i asks for his "1250" he replies...sorry cpl i haven't got any money left as i had to use it all on petrol. I looked around in amazement to see all who had overheard it burst out laughing.

He thought he had to pay to get on but also had not heard of an F1250, it's just known as a Military ID..........feck it...will always be a 1250 to me...mine still says it !!

Crack on.................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

B

Bill Bones

Oddly enough. Mines has the 'RN Supportline' number on the back. WHY!?

Meathead

LAC
I picked my missus up after she had been shopping in Tesco. I still had on my blues after a hard day drinking Coffee and ignoring the phone.

Whilst loading up the car with the bags, there was a tap on my shoulder, I turned round to find a 'Hyacinth Bucket' type woman, complete in flowery dress and hat, ORDERING(!) me to return her Trolley to the trolley bay.

I told her (politely) that I was in the RAF, and not a Tesco trolley pusher. She replied 'well what do i pay my taxes for?'

I must admit she left me gobsmacked! I just laughed after her as she toodled off to her Rover (and left her trolley next to my car!!).....and yep i did put it back

:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Last edited:
I picked my missus up after she had been shopping in Tesco. I still had on my blues after a hard day drinking Coffee and ignoring the phone.

Whilst loading up the car with the bags, there was a tap on my shoulder, I turned round to find a 'Hyacinth Bucket' type woman, complete in flowery dress and hat, ORDERING(!) me to return her Trolley to the trolley bay.

I told her (politely) that I was in the RAF, and not a Tesco trolley pusher. She replied 'well what do i pay my taxes for?'

I must admit she left me gobsmacked! I just laughed after her as she toodled off to her Rover (and left her trolley next to my car!!).....and yep i did put it back

well done for not throttling the old bag

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
When the RAf changed from Battle Dress tunics to Thunderbird Jackets we were all misidentified as RAC mechanics - Who had just changed to the same Uniform with different badges!
Could have been quite lucrative at the time.

C

Chuffybum

Absolutely brilliant MH. That's gotta be the best one I've heard in ages.

C

Chuffybum

Thats the all new purple (read ARMY) Royal Air Force for you.

You're absolutely bang on with that TF. It's just another slice being taken away from the Royal Air Force. We will soon disappear from all view I suspect and eventually turn into the Purple Hat Brigade. The worst place on earth, in my opinion that is, of a bad case of jointery is in the Falklands. I can't count the number of times I've ended up in a slagging match with Pongoes down there about the way we operate - individuals as opposed to mindless robots. During my last tour down there a b****y Staff Sergeant tried to order me to move 1 of MY Tonkas on MY site to a different dispersal so that he could take nice piccies of his blokes around a Tonka. Jeez! he was told in no uncertain terms where to go and get the F**k off MY site - twonker extraordinaire!!
Oops apologies, i'm going off my own thread with that little rant.

Last edited:
S

shoutingwind

i've got a MOD 90 too, never noticed that before. I was in oz for my 21 and got chucked out a casio as they didn't accept 1250/ MOD 90 as ID even though it said military ID on their sign but he ho, the really kicker of the story is they let my identical twin sister in! i was so upset.....

Been confused for a cadet many-a-time espesially when i where my techie blue shirts

sparks will fly

Corporal
Many many years ago when I was an SAC my mate who was in the army asked me to wear my no1 to his wedding on the evening at the receiption my best mate walked straight past me I shout at him and his reply was F**K I thought you where a chauffer. I felt gutted the ****.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
MOD 90?? I was a but taken aback at that so checked out my own Military ID Card..... Nope. Mine is still the good old RAF F1250.

Does it have an expiry date on it? The new-style MOD 90s are valid for 4 (I think) years from the date of issue. Even if you have less time left than that when you get it. More joined-up thinking!

I'm hanging onto my good old F1250 for dear life even though the photograph is of a much younger (and better looking) man.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Chuffybum

Does it have an expiry date on it? The new-style MOD 90s are valid for 4 (I think) years from the date of issue. Even if you have less time left than that when you get it. More joined-up thinking!

I'm hanging onto my good old F1250 for dear life even though the photograph is of a much younger (and better looking) man.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Nope no expiry date. The only time I've had to change my 1250 was on change of rank and when I grew a moustache then again when I shaved it off 20 years later.

Back