• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virgin Media to carry Sky Sports F1 channel

G

grumpyoldb

Good news for Virgin Media users.....................

Virgin Media has confirmed that it will carry Sky Sports' new bespoke Formula 1 channel when it launches this season. Sky Sports F1 will be available alongside the rest of the Sky Sports package for Virgin customers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97040

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Good news if you have Sky Sports already but a bit of a p1sser if all you want to get the sports package for is F1.

G

grumpyoldb

Good news if you have Sky Sports already but a bit of a p1sser if all you want to get the sports package for is F1.

That's all I want it for but it means that I should be able to continue watching all the F1 races on my PC in the privacy of my playroom without any disturbance and my homebrew at the side of me. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Craig855s

Sergeant
Im not paying for a full sky sports package just to see the F1 (in full and a bit earlier) than the beeb can give.

If I wasnt tied into a contract with virgin i'd switch to sky (since they give SSF1HD to all of their HD customers without taking sports) but alas, i cant leave virgin til summer

G

grumpyoldb

Im not paying for a full sky sports package just to see the F1 (in full and a bit earlier) than the beeb can give.

If I wasnt tied into a contract with virgin i'd switch to sky (since they give SSF1HD to all of their HD customers without taking sports) but alas, i cant leave virgin til summer

You don't have to. If you are a virgin tv customer you will be able to get F1 on your tv without paying any extra. If you have Virgin broadband you will be able to watch it live on your pc/lappy............

It is supposed to be included with your normal package.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

Now that was a good bit of gen I found out tonight .. Thankyou

Realist78

Master of my destiny
You don't have to. If you are a virgin tv customer you will be able to get F1 on your tv without paying any extra. If you have Virgin broadband you will be able to watch it live on your pc/lappy............

It is supposed to be included with your normal package.

I read today on a VM forum that VM customers would have to 'buy' the Sky Sports package, do you know any different?

What's the access from your laptop (I have Virgin broadband)?

G

grumpyoldb

I read today on a VM forum that VM customers would have to 'buy' the Sky Sports package, do you know any different?

What's the access from your laptop (I have Virgin broadband)?

Hmmm. They seem to be sneaking it in. It was stated when the sky coverage was announced that virgin were negotiating to carry the sky coverage for "all virgin" customers. Having just looked into the virgin website they are indeed now saying that it will be available with the complete sky package.

We have just ditched the virgin phone package, I may yet ditch the tv package. Wifey prefers sky tv anyway.

F1 on 'puter has been available from the BBC website for several years, which is my preferred way of viewing.

Looks like the sky sports package is going to cost £14.50 per month. They can shove it. :pDT_Xtremez_32:

Last edited: