• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats the difference between...

G

geetarman

Hi all,

First post so be gentle with me , can anyone tell me the difference between RauxAF and RAFR ? also ive noticed some have (VR) after the squadron number.

Reason i ask is ive applied to join a certain squadron and i just wondered if it made any difference to the way they operate or are they all one of the same?

ta very much :pDT_Xtremez_35:
Geetarman

G

geetarman

thanks mate, seems there isnt a difference or im just thick and cant see it :pDT_Xtremez_35: :pDT_Xtremez_30:

ta

G

geetarman

well peeps ive narrowed it down to either movers or intel ..bah! the agony of choice

ta

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Wow, movers and intelligence, you don't see that sentence very often! Off Topic:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
thanks mate, seems there isnt a difference or im just thick and cant see it :pDT_Xtremez_35: :pDT_Xtremez_30:

ta

RAFR is either full time service or part time service.
RauxAF is like the TA.
Those with VR(T) are volunteer reserve (training), they are Officers who are in charge of cadet squadrons, they are commissioned, but nobody takes them seriously.

G

geetarman

Havent been on for a while wanted to see what would happen with my auggie apllication, maybe someone here could clear up some confusion, so here goes:
Early Last year i lost my business which led to personal probs- marriage/reposssion threats etc blah blah blah so my GP put me on anti-deppressants for the first time ever in my life for roughly 10 -11 months, guess what?!?!? its totally f*****d my application, i ticked all the other boxes bar that one, totally understand its fair enough they dont want peeps poppin anti-deps, guess i will reapply when im free of them in a few years maybe - just my bleedin' luck shouldve applied 3 years ago when i thought of it hoo hum , so....not one to be put of easily i spoke to those at cranwell and i was told it means a permanent bar to joining!!! eeek ... then while poking around on the net i come across this:

question 8 - Are anti-depressants disqualifying?

http://www.hmforces.co.uk/Join_The_Forces/articles/3661-armed-forces-frequently-asked-questions

Am i being a bit thick here or is this contradicting what i was told or am i just clutching at straws?!?!?!

beowulf

Sergeant
RAFR is either full time service or part time service.
RauxAF is like the TA.
Those with VR(T) are volunteer reserve (training), they are Officers who are in charge of cadet squadrons, they are commissioned, but nobody takes them seriously.

Just seen this.

I think a couple of the Int sqn have VR after them because of a hold over from either WWII or the Cold War when they were formed? Either way they are not to be confused with VR(T).

beowulf

Sergeant
Havent been on for a while wanted to see what would happen with my auggie apllication, maybe someone here could clear up some confusion, so here goes:
Early Last year i lost my business which led to personal probs- marriage/reposssion threats etc blah blah blah so my GP put me on anti-deppressants for the first time ever in my life for roughly 10 -11 months, guess what?!?!? its totally f*****d my application, i ticked all the other boxes bar that one, totally understand its fair enough they dont want peeps poppin anti-deps, guess i will reapply when im free of them in a few years maybe - just my bleedin' luck shouldve applied 3 years ago when i thought of it hoo hum , so....not one to be put of easily i spoke to those at cranwell and i was told it means a permanent bar to joining!!! eeek ... then while poking around on the net i come across this:

http://www.hmforces.co.uk/Join_The_Forces/articles/3661-armed-forces-frequently-asked-questions

Am i being a bit thick here or is this contradicting what i was told or am i just clutching at straws?!?!?!

I would not put too much stock in that website. I have been a couple of times and it seems to just be a collection of articles culled from other sites and not a lot of good gen in it.

If your local recruiter said no then I would go with that. The only other option would be to go to your local AFCO to see if they say any differently but then you will forever be known as the one who thought they knew more than the recruiter and you will be treated accordingly :pDT_Xtremez_42:

P

phantom

I'm sure it is frustrating, but don't worry to much as far as i'm aware if it's your first time the deferral time is roughly one year. if it happens twice it is two years, three times it is three years, after that thay get a bit twitchy. That is how it works with Regular recruiting some times auggie recruiting can seem a bit inconsistant.

G

geetarman

I'm sure it is frustrating, but don't worry to much as far as i'm aware if it's your first time the deferral time is roughly one year. if it happens twice it is two years, three times it is three years, after that thay get a bit twitchy. That is how it works with Regular recruiting some times auggie recruiting can seem a bit inconsistant.

thanks for the replys guys, phantom sent you a pm :friendly_wink: