• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's staying in past 22 years ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Liney Hasbeen
  • Start date Start date

Who's staying in past 22 years ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

Liney Hasbeen

We get to speak to a huge cross section of the mob here at Tossford, not many if any express a wish to remain in beyond there 22year engagement.

Please take a moment to cast your vote, to see what the general feeling is.

Sorry if this has been done before, I dont recall seeing it though.

P

Pyro Maniac

Not a fecking chance of me staying past 22. 4 years till my pension then Im off.

F

FairyGoodGuy

On my way to Tossford that will be my last posting... not a bleedin chance of me staying in to past 22 they can shove it.

M

monobrow

Can we have another option for the less senior of us?

I've still got a long LONG way till 22 so I really don't know.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
26 years now for HM and still counting. I just love working with all you miserable fekkers :PDT_Xtremez_15:

M

Maxmeister

I'm only a young Pup and only been in 9 years but have already decided that 22 will be my limit. Thats if i even make it that far.
I'l only be 40 at that point so still young enough to find a decent job and still be able to enjoy life hopefully not in this country!!!!!!!!!!

tourettes

Corporal
Done 12 years now, so I'm on the downhill run. Come the 22 year point just watch for the Tourettes shaped blur leaving the camp gates.

W

wgaf

I've voted no as that's how I feel now, however with 2 teenage kids both talking about university the sensible option is otherwise, guess I'll just have to wait and see.:PDT_Xtremez_09: Hopefully they'll both opt to work in McDonalds then it's 4 years and gone for me.

230Tiger

Sergeant
Stayed on after 22 just to get things in place for Australia, then PVR'd!
Hee, Hee, Hee,Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee, Hee

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Already signed on till '55'...To be honest nobody else would employ me...I'm a liability...:PDT_Xtremez_14:

sparks will fly

Corporal
4 1/2 years till my 22 and Im offski. The RAF has gone to pot, not enjoying it anymore and the shafting Ive just taken from the insworth mafia has finally put the boot in for me.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Signed on 'til 55 as was the long term plan, less than 9 to do, p1ssed off with the constant tampering (Simpler, drown in sh1t, you bunch of @rseholes), don't really regret 1 minute. We all have periodical times when we think of jumping ship etc but then the good times kick in or the memories of the ace times get dusted off. It's still not a bad job considering the green grass over there etc and civvies have to put up with sh1te just like us, in fact some of it a damn sight pettier. Before some cnut shoots this down, it is simply my opinion.:PDT_Xtremez_28:

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
4 1/2 years till my 22 and Im offski. The RAF has gone to pot, not enjoying it anymore and the shafting Ive just taken from the insworth mafia has finally put the boot in for me.

You know its funny, when I was posted to ISK as an LAC back in '89, folk were saying the same thing then. I lost count of how many times I heard "PVR, you know it makes sense". Looking back, they dont know how lucky they were compared to how it is now.

D

Defender of the universe

Not me if I get the chance to do 22 then may do but after the 22 I would be losing money if I stayed in. Think about it anytime past the 22 years and you are losing the pension and gratuity interest that could be accumulated from it. Dont be daft get out after 22years.

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Not me if I get the chance to do 22 then may do but after the 22 I would be losing money if I stayed in. Think about it anytime past the 22 years and you are losing the pension and gratuity interest that could be accumulated from it. Dont be daft get out after 22years.

Hear hear, too fcuking right.

See ya, wouldn't wanna...

:PDT_Xtremez_28:

P

Paranoid Android

With the few remaining years you need to get the best from the education system the airforce offers then get out and earn some real money, with better conditions and better treatment.

Thats what I'm doing anyway.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
With the few remaining years you need to get the best from the education system the airforce offers then get out and earn some real money, with better conditions and better treatment.

Thats what I'm doing anyway.

Very true Paranoid. I took advantage of the RAF education system and completed my BSc, Dip. Math with the OU. I'm happy in my present position, but it didn't come easily. Getting out at 22 years only works if you pick up a civvy job that pays similar to the RAF (allowing for your pension). The outside world runs on qualifications; look through any job section and you will see that employers ask for qualifications up front. To get through the door, i.e. past the bosses secretary, you need the piece of paper with all the right letters on it, be they GCSE, NVQ, BTEC or whatever. Yes, there are jobs about that don't demand them, but would you like any of them?

Takes cover and prepares to receive incoming from ex-RAF dot com multi millionaires who made a fortune selling widgets to idiots.

Last edited:

ForgottenName

Trekkie Nerd
I suppose, after 32 years with only 5 to do, I best try and stay in to get the benefit of my '05 pension. There again, I could commit Hara Kara (if that is how you spell it) and create a promotion vacancy. LOL

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Had to do more that 22 to get the rise for my rank.....

Reach that point in September......

Depends on what PMA give me on Thursday with the rest of my soon to be decessed Jag breathen.

SH - PVR
Harriers - PVR
Monobrow land - Depends where. If I don't like it, Mr ILLKC!!

Back