• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

XP - DOS dual boot ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Well, I have now installed VPC2007 and started to put things in, with DOS 6.22 going in first. Apart from not being able to have a full-sized screen, it seems stable enough so far.

I've a copy of FreeDOS coming in the post and various stuff to put together. If one doesn't work, I'll try something else.

Thanks for al l the help.

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Ex-Bay,

Does it not put it to full scren when you hit ALT GR +Ent, (not trying to tell you how to suck eggs)

:PDT_Xtremez_06:
Studley

Erm. . . . . run that by me again please? No I didn't know and eggs have nothing to do with it!!!

Another question has com. up though. I now have to port a load of files from and old laptop to the VM-DOS. Naturally, as said laptop had no instruction when I got it, but I found a modem card and an Ethernet card. I don't fancy doing another wiring job (cat5 cable in the roof space). Laplink doesn't want to play (more work on the ports, I think). Any useful ideas welcome.

:PDT_Xtremez_09:

The most useless hunting bird on the Discworld is the Lancre Wowhawk.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
so far, so good

so far, so good

AltGR+Enter. Got it, thanks.

VPC2007 does not like installing Win3.11. This is is bit of a shame as many of the files I want on it are on an old laptop fitted with Win3.11 and I had hoped to use the 'null modem' (serial Port) connections to copy the files over into the new VPC.

Anyone any useful ideas please?

:S

Last edited:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
AltGR+Enter. Got it, thanks.

VPC2007 does not like installing Win3.11. This is is bit of a shame as many of the files I want on it are on an old laptop fitted with Win3.11 and I had hoped to use the 'null modem' (serial Port) connections to copy the files over into the new VPC.

Anyone any useful ideas please?

:S

Have you not tried Windows 95? Although it's 32-bit, I'm pretty sure most features were backwardly compatible with Windows 3.11.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Have you not tried Windows 95? Although it's 32-bit, I'm pretty sure most features were backwardly compatible with Windows 3.11.

I was having great difficulty in getting the two machines to talk, let alone exchange files. However, I keep getting an error message when VPC07 boots up telling me that it cannot talk to the COM1 port. SO I installed Checkit Pro and a couple of other little utils. No, there's something wrong in the PC. On the other hand, the parallell ports now work OK, and configured as bi-directional.

So I've installed LapLink3 and got files whizzing to the PC, so at least I can shift some of the important files onto the new big box.

I cannot find anything (no link) about the "additions" apart from Server 2005. Anyone seen it?

:PDT_Xtremez_19:

Last edited:
Back