• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Mechanic of the year awards

• Thread starter Thread starter welshwizard
  • Start date Start date
W

welshwizard

Oh my God. Has anyone else seen this new directive yet?
Its aimed at getting better PR for the new AMMs. Just wait until you read the literature that has been printed. Am I getting the wrong impression about it or are we talking about 'performing monkeys' our lords and masters can gloat about.........? And they wonder why SO many people are leaving.........

M

monobrow

Judging by the thread title, I can only imagine a "Glitz and Glamour" awards presentation for "Mechanic of the year"

WTF?!

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
There better not be free booze at this event. A load of swilled up lineys meeting the great and the good?

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
There better not be free booze at this event. A load of swilled up lineys meeting the great and the good?

All depends who has a say in the "spanner of 2007"....if it's line controllers (as all the AMM'S should be under their control) then it should be clear cut between stations ....2 or 3 shortlisted to a final, held at a nice hotel ...somewhere like...VEGAS.....all finalists and controllers shouls be afforded a 2 week all expences paid "introduction" to a real det !!

LoL...I cant see it happening but who knows...............

Crack on.................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

B

Biggsoir

I have heard that the winner will recieve an all expenses paid trip for himself and his entire squadron to somewhere hot and sandy:PDT_Xtremez_31:

W

welshwizard

In answer to TB.........
The original letter came from Gp Cpt F*****, Director of Training @ 1 S of TT Cosford. Dated 19th July 07.
It has been sent to all Station Commanders and then passed down through the chain of command ubtil it hit my desk this morning.
Obviously everyone in our management (who went through Cranwell) think its a spiffing idea.........I guess in the same way they think PAYD, JPA and the OFT is?
Dear God save us!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
So is the first sign of the RAF moving away from Lean management to a McDonalds Style of management, with pictures of Mech of the month on the wall and AMM's wearing a badge with stars on it.

What a load of fcuking old dogs c0ck.

W

welshwizard

Now that has thrown up a load of images in my head............
what about a competition for the best Cpl of 2007, the best mover of 2007 or even the best inventor of stupid competitions of 2007?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Its fcuking shameful and poor inditement of the type of zobs we have - if this is the fcuking best they can come up with.

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
I pity the poor chump that wins it my god he will be getting slabbed left right and centre!!!! ooo or she, cant be sexist!!

W

wgaf

Its fcuking shameful and poor inditement of the type of zobs we have - if this is the fcuking best they can come up with.
You're only jealous as, being a non technical type, you can't win it. I believe that this is a superb idea and proof positive, if it was needed, that us techies are far superior to all the other menials.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
We could always suggest a few more competitions::PDT_Xtremez_30:

The most pointless officer

The most useless officer

The best made up post for an officer

The quickest advancing officer to the detriment of his/her troops

The officer most responsible for fecking up trade structures again and again and again.........

The officer with the highest expenses account

The officer who travels the most airmiles whilst on jollies disguised as some made up fact finding missions

rhino

LAC
is this new?

is this new?

Many years ago...there were similar awards for mechs and techies coming out of Halton.

I remember someone being mech of the year or something similar and being posted to BBMF as an LAC.

Or is my memory shot?!

Realist78

Master of my destiny

I'd be very surprised if it's that particular Group Captain that came up with this because he's a top banana.:raf:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
I'd be very surprised if it's that particular Group Captain that came up with this because he's a top banana.:raf:
He did mate - but to be honest someone already said that there always were prizes both at Halton and Cosford and I dare say the same for StAthan, Locking etc...., and there has always been pockets of money in various mechanic endowment funds and trust accounts. Its about time it was spent and it can only be spent on the youngsters so why not make it mechanic of teh year?

W

wgaf

He did mate - but to be honest someone already said that there always were prizes both at Halton and Cosford and I dare say the same for StAthan, Locking etc...., and there has always been pockets of money in various mechanic endowment funds and trust accounts. Its about time it was spent and it can only be spent on the youngsters so why not make it mechanic of teh year?
In years gone by the top trainee from Halton and later Cosford won the opportunity to go to Brize to do their PPL. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it the award though. if I remember correctly it was open to mechs and fitters.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's the Philip Sassoon Scholarship.

I worked with a geek who got it from Cosford - aggregate score of 98% through training!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
...., and there has always been pockets of money in various mechanic endowment funds and trust accounts. Its about time it was spent and it can only be spent on the youngsters so why not make it mechanic of the year?

Exactly as Hu says there are many schemes around in the training world but usage has virtually stopped for lots of them. They can be quite specific in the way they are awarded and that has been the sticking point in some instances. If the guy has found a way to reward the good eggs of the younger generation then fair play to him. Yes the winner will get some local stick but I bet his/her bank manager likes them and a bright shiney award gizit to show your mum.

Back