• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Mechanic of the year awards

• Thread starter Thread starter welshwizard
  • Start date Start date

Roobsta

Corporal
We've got some really good AMMs at work. One in particular can work and play hard - like a REAL liney. We couldn't put him up for the award as he had his date for going back - bit of a pi$$er really. There's a good hard working female AMM on another Sqn and she can drink some of the lads under the table too and still turn up and put in a good days work. There are some good ones out there, lpease don't tar them all with the same brush.

W

welshwizard

When I started this thread I didn't mean to slag off the new AMMs. As it happens, we have had some decent guys and girls come through our doors in the last 18 months. I was mocking the ineptidude and blatent headline grabbing strategy of our Lords and Masters who spend their days desperately trying to think up new ways in which to promote no-one but themselves. I also agree with the goater who said "recruitment is not the problem", retention of the experienced, time served, technicians is going to be the downfall of the Air Force. I put the question out there asking if this whole thing was going to turn into a 'Pimms fest' with lashings and lashings of back slapping and pontificating. .......I have been on leave for 14 days and came back to the news that another 8 PVRs have gone in on this Sqn..............RIP air transport.........

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When I started this thread I didn't mean to slag off the new AMMs. As it happens, we have had some decent guys and girls come through our doors in the last 18 months. I was mocking the ineptidude and blatent headline grabbing strategy of our Lords and Masters who spend their days desperately trying to think up new ways in which to promote no-one but themselves. I also agree with the goater who said "recruitment is not the problem", retention of the experienced, time served, technicians is going to be the downfall of the Air Force. I put the question out there asking if this whole thing was going to turn into a 'Pimms fest' with lashings and lashings of back slapping and pontificating. .......I have been on leave for 14 days and came back to the news that another 8 PVRs have gone in on this Sqn..............RIP air transport.........

8 pvr's, I will gladly take the place of the departees. At my limited company charged rates of course:PDT_Xtremez_42:

TW

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Oh deep joy and happiness, guess who's been delegated to judge on this fecking show?

Yes that's right, fecking me!!!!!!!

Note to all contestants, I will be awarding bonus points to whoever gets lashed on the 24th and comes in the following day hung over, feeling shabby as feck and still does a full days work. The ball is in your court.

E

eezageeza

Mechanic of the Year

Mechanic of the Year

Oh deep joy and happiness, guess who's been delegated to judge on this fecking show?

Note to all contestants, I will be awarding bonus points to whoever gets lashed on the 24th and comes in the following day hung over, feeling shabby as feck and still does a full days work. The ball is in your court.

with your youthful looks and that pie eating demenour, you will be asked to fill the final AMM slot and get ridiculed by the rest of us pie eating instructors.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
with your youthful looks and that pie eating demenour, you will be asked to fill the final AMM slot and get ridiculed by the rest of us pie eating instructors.

If they decide to stoop to such lows, which could be possible given where we are, then it will only be down to the fact they need someone who knows what the feck they are doing. Now feck off and do something lean you fat balding wockney buffoon.

p.s. Respect your syndicate leader, I'm not as easy going as your last one..........:PDT_Xtremez_14:

mightyhunter

Sergeant

ha ha ha :PDT_Xtremez_31:
still, wee man, i have to agree with the bonus point scheme.
how did you get stiffed with that?

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Well it seems I did such a good job helping double standards last week, whilst the twins were away, that their esteemed leader thought I was perfect for the part.

On the upside, it means I won't be seeing your ugly fizzog at the bonding session that will now be postboned.

Oh will add to the bonus scheme. Points will be added for the following:

Pints drunk the night before. 2 points for every 5 drunk with an extra point for every one over 10.

Pints of pi$$/puke drunk. 10 points each.

Times sick on pan. 2 points each time with a 10 point bonus if you $hit yourself as well.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

So FLT how's the judging going? ::P: or :PDT_Xtremez_28:

The electronic notice board at the gate says it's all happening today (25/10/07)

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
All done and dusted bar the back slapping and hoorahs. I may have landed myself in the poo though for passing comment on what was a good PR exercise for Cosford (no probs with that as I personally think it was good in that sense) but seemed to shy away from skills. My own personal thoughts, but some that will get me in the clag otherwise.

TB,

I will pm you once coherent and tell you what I think of the last couple of days, don't care as I feel I will be fecked over for having an honest opinion and the balls to speak out.

More to follow, if I don't end up in a black Omega...................

P

Pan Warrior

Stars

Stars

goldstar.gif
This ones for dressing yourself.

goldstar.gif
Well done for getting to work on time.

goldstar.gif
This is for doing one week without crying.

goldstar.gif
Here is a star for doing CCS and AFT.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
The results are out and I can announce that the winner was, the old balding entrant from 11 Sqn. Well done SAC H*****.

Oh, and by the way I think the term SLABBEDwill be used upon your return.

Back