• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A new tool for the kits at work?

230Tiger

Sergeant
REAL tradesman (and women, keeping PC, oh better say and others too) never use adjustables! They're only for use by the inexperienced who can't recognise the size they want!!!! (and bombheads!!):PDT_Xtremez_42:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
And the appo's would still need a mech to show them how to operate the thing.....!!

It looks a good bit of kit so there is no way the RAF will be getting any, imagine the risk assessment folder for an item like this.

Up yours PW we wouldn't have to be shown because we've all been made into Seniors now so we've got mechs to use them for us....LOL

Personally it'd take all the fun out of spannering.....but it is gadgettastic so a must for all techies....

M

mumof4

Would it remove a sump plug without all the swearing, grazed knuckles etc that usually happen? if so..i wanna one for my tool box!

P

Pan Warrior

Agree

Agree

Would it remove a sump plug without all the swearing, grazed knuckles etc that usually happen? if so..i wanna one for my tool box!

I agree every woman should go out right now and get a tool for her box...!!!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

A

auchtermuchty

You really should be careful when making comments about wanting tools for your box:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Just wait until SB and RB see that comment

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

Woman know your limits. Leave this discussion for the people who appreciate a good spanner. Do you catch us blokes trying to look like we know stuff about lip gloss or flowers?

M

mumof4

Bloomin eck!!

auchtermuchty

You really should be careful when making comments about wanting tools for your box

Just wait until SB and RB see that comment

I was on about my tool box though!!..its full of spanners etc,,:PDT_Xtremez_42:

rest have risen above me
Woman know your limits. Leave this discussion for the people who appreciate a good spanner. Do you catch us blokes trying to look like we know stuff about lip gloss or flowers?

Heck, i know more about spanners etc than i do lip gloss or flowers:PDT_Xtremez_30:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Yeah it`s ok but, call me an old romantic, I`ll stick with a bag of spanners cos it reminds me of an ex-girlfriend ...

B

Biggsoir

Wow! A spanner that adjusts to fit the various nuts and bolts! Ideal for lazy ****s who can't be arsed to get the correct one out of tool stores

Max

Sergeant
REAL tradesman (and women, keeping PC, oh better say and others too) never use adjustables! They're only for use by the inexperienced who can't recognise the size they want!!!! (and bombheads!!):PDT_Xtremez_42:

That's fine if you work on a type with only one system but with three to contend with I'll take the adjustable every time thank you :PDT_Xtremez_30: Anyway if they shouldn't be used they shouldn't be on tool kits :PDT_Xtremez_28:

230Tiger

Sergeant
That's fine if you work on a type with only one system but with three to contend with I'll take the adjustable every time thank you :PDT_Xtremez_30: Anyway if they shouldn't be used they shouldn't be on tool kits :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Hmm, let me think.....buy 10 or so snap-on spanners or one cheap adjustable, what do you think????

P

Pan Warrior

Not bad

Not bad

Best price i can find one with postage is £26.49 handy tool for the boot of the car:PDT_Xtremez_30:

G

grumpy sumpy

Any heavy that reckons this is the tool for him, should re-muster to the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps! :PDT_Xtremez_34:

L

loops84

Will it be as good for use as a hammer as the adjustables on the tool kits at work?
It does look like a cool gadget, but I wonder how robust it is.

Only one way to find out! Reckon ur a rigger....???
But v.true no way the raf will get them, kust coz it will make things easier and actually makes sense...

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Not even a techie anymore and it's still got me moist 'downstairs'....What a brilliant and simple idea!

Even though you crossed to the "Dark Side" I know there is good in you. Feel the Force old man, before it is too late!

What is it with the correct spanner for the correct bolt brigade? I hate to$$ers like that. If you have half decent hand skills you shouldnt round anything off with an adjusta-bubble, unless you're a fairy/leckie scumbag.

Any heavy that reckons this is the tool for him, should re-muster to the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps! :PDT_Xtremez_34:

Damn right! This just panders to the Playstation Generation in the worst possible way. How on God's green earth can you call yourself an engineer if you have to resort to adjustable instead of getting the correct tool for the job. oh and then you can't be asred getting a manual adjusty it has to be power operated!

Man up for fecks sake!!!!

Jimps

Back