• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A new tool for the kits at work?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Damn right! This just panders to the Playstation Generation in the worst possible way. How on God's green earth can you call yourself an engineer if you have to resort to adjustable instead of getting the correct tool for the job. oh and then you can't be asred getting a manual adjusty it has to be power operated!

Man up for fecks sake!!!!

Jimps

No. Pi55 off!
Its a toy you miserable git and judging by the amount of positive replies, its a welcome toy at that.
Playstation Generation??? Since when was Fomz in that age range???:PDT_Xtremez_28:

F

FairyGoodGuy

Anyway your just a plastic armourer now, so what the fcuk do you know about anything of a technical nature. Go sing the armourer's song all 26 verses,if you can remember them senile old git!!!

Crack on muppet:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Fcuk me saucer of milk table two...

No. Pi55 off!
Its a toy you miserable git and judging by the amount of positive replies, its a welcome toy at that.
Playstation Generation??? Since when was Fomz in that age range???:PDT_Xtremez_28:

Oooooooooh somebody's tired!!!!!!!!

The word toy sums it up really, designed for people who want to play at being mechanics

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Oooooooooh somebody's tired!!!!!!!!

The word toy sums it up really, designed for people who want to play at being mechanics

Whatever..................

And I suppose you have a car? Whats wrong with walking? Man up for fecks sake.................

Whatever..................

And I suppose you have a car? Whats wrong with walking? Man up for fecks sake.................

'Whatever'. Teen speak for I have lost but cannot afford to be seen to lose face with the grown up.

I do walk whenever possible to stop me being even porkier than I already am, but a car for the thirty five mile run into work every day helps me to get to work on time and home at night.

Gawd wheres GEMarriott when you need him!

Jimps

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I'm not a teenager and I just dont see why you are moaning your ar5e off on someone elses thread?
I suppose you hate digital verniers as well?
For your information, I can use either vernier and frequently do as I am an engineer and not a mechanic.
I prefer to use digital because its quicker, but thats my choice.

'Whatever'. Teen speak for I have lost but cannot afford to be seen to lose face with the grown up

So grown ups dont like to lose face?
Gawd wheres GEMarriott when you need him!

:PDT_Xtremez_30:
Many Regards!

I'm not a teenager and I just dont see why you are moaning your ar5e off on someone elses thread?
I suppose you hate digital verniers as well?
For your information, I can use either vernier and frequently do as I am an engineer and not a mechanic.
I prefer to use digital because its quicker, but thats my choice.

So grown ups dont like to lose face?

:PDT_Xtremez_30:
Many Regards!

I am not the only one moaning, after all my first post was a quote from another post. This is going to descend into a c0ck waving contest so we will just have to agree to differ.

Now Digital Verniers, they are the absolute dogs bolleaux, no more squinting and tilting the thing in the light to get a reading.

Jimps

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Now Digital Verniers, they are the absolute dogs bolleaux, no more squinting and tilting the thing in the light to get a reading.

Jimps

Thats kind of my point Jimps. The digi caliper is quite adept isnt it?
So how about these new fangled adjustables? You know how it is when you have the ones with the thumb wheel on the edge of the jaws. In tight spaces they keep unwinding themselves when they contact other bits. How good would a lockable set of adjustable spanners be?
Sometimes you have no choice other than using an adjustable, be it odd nuts and bolts on random bits of kit or purely on space/access requirements. If an engineer is that set in his ways that there is no place for an adjustable on the tool kit, then perhaps he isnt quite as adept and resourceful as a true engineer should be.

Sorry if I appeared to be waving my c0ck!:PDT_Xtremez_28:

W

waafia

You see, if you boys would learn to put the toilet lid down, you wouldn't lose your tool down the bog!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

You feel free to wave it as much as you want to my friend, mine is staying away to prevent the licqourice torpedo and two nutmeg jibes I will get. Like I said agreeing to differ is probably best.

And lady people while we are on the subject, a bogseat/lid has a hinge which operates in both directions of travel. So when you start lifting it up for me is the day I will start putting it down for you.

Jimps

Last edited:

sarboy22b

LAC
Thats kind of my point Jimps. The digi caliper is quite adept isnt it?
So how about these new fangled adjustables? You know how it is when you have the ones with the thumb wheel on the edge of the jaws. In tight spaces they keep unwinding themselves when they contact other bits. How good would a lockable set of adjustable spanners be?
Sometimes you have no choice other than using an adjustable, be it odd nuts and bolts on random bits of kit or purely on space/access requirements. If an engineer is that set in his ways that there is no place for an adjustable on the tool kit, then perhaps he isnt quite as adept and resourceful as a true engineer should be.

This lot obviously don't work on Sea kings were there have been all kinds of wied and wonderful sized nuts and bolts used-often fitted at second line just to pee us off in the wee small hours!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
This lot obviously don't work on Sea kings were there have been all kinds of wied and wonderful sized nuts and bolts used-often fitted at second line just to pee us off in the wee small hours!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Rad Shack frame...gggggrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!:PDT_Xtremez_17:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Rad Shack frame...gggggrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!:PDT_Xtremez_17:

Nice to see some others who have a more rounded knowledge!
We have to use adjustables sometimes as our main tool store isnt a room or a great big board, its a trolley kit and has a limited number of items in it!

Damn right! This just panders to the Playstation Generation in the worst possible way. How on God's green earth can you call yourself an engineer if you have to resort to adjustable instead of getting the correct tool for the job. oh and then you can't be asred getting a manual adjusty it has to be power operated!

Man up for fecks sake!!!!

Jimps

Guess what I got for Christmas!!!!!

Infamy! Infamy! You've all got it infamy!!!!!!

Jimps (Full of Pudding and Jockanese Fighting Fluid. Pi$$ed off because the long haired SWO has got the bloody soaps on the box)

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
I was waiting in tool stores once when a young lad in front asked for a spanner "... this big ..." holding up his finger and thumb to indicate the size. "Is that a large adjustable or a small?" asked the helpful storeman over a background of uncharitable laughter. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Guess what I got for Christmas!!!!!

Infamy! Infamy! You've all got it infamy!!!!!!

Jimps (Full of Pudding and Jockanese Fighting Fluid. Pi$$ed off because the long haired SWO has got the bloody soaps on the box)

Ha ha ha ha! :PDT_Xtremez_30:

L

Little Tronk

Reading through this thread, I take the days when a decent Rigger could fix almost anything with a hammer, GS and adjustable are long gone then?

Back