• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are Techies in crisis yet?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mickwreay
  • Start date Start date
M

Mickwreay

PVRs are not a problem

PVRs are not a problem

I didn't say things were rosy, cos they are not. The PVR rate is up and too much experiance is going. This situation is likley to get worse when the Tonka does 2 OOAs each year. Recruting is down and we are likly to end up with gapped posts at 1st line; but, at the moment PVRs are not at 28% or anywhere near it on Tonka Sqns. Ar$e I are not........................

I am not quoting any figures here mate but on B Shift on XXV(F) there are 7 SAC(T) PVRs and 4 SAC(T)s staying in the RAF. One of whom is time-ex in under a year and one is med downgraded and the other two are gonna give the Marham eng bay a try! You do the maths!

P.S. most of the sooties were being sent to Marham eng bay to backfill PVR'd positions.

S

shirley286

In sunny CMU there are so many PVR's in from SAC(T)'s or people with other ways out, its hard to find any SAC's staying in the RAF here.........:PDT_Xtremez_09:

duffman

Flight Sergeant
mick, spot on i work in the engine factory not many sacs seem to get posted they just pvr. saw the posted in list most off 25 or SAR. A few have escaped off that list since though.

From my section alone (Less than 60 people) there have been more than ten people PVR over the last 12 months, its simple, they can get paid better out in civvie street without having the associated crap being in the RAF brings with it. I think the current outflow rate will continue until this fundemental fact is properly addressed, which in this post Pay2000 world is unlikely to happen.

T

The Masked Geek

Once they've finished butt-fcuking us ex TG3 guys and turning us into IT mongs, there'll be less of you in the "techie" realm so they'll probably give you lot a techie payband again. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If the PVR rate truly is this high how long can the RAF last? More importantly, what is being done? The silence from above is DEAFENING!

biscuit

LAC
The powers that be will only notice when they have to put Officers on the gate with the units only NCO as the guard commander!!:PDT_Xtremez_15:

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Ive seen a FS on the gate at one unit recently, and no he wasnt the Guard Commander just checking on his lads, he was pass checking and gate up/down-ing.

C

Captain Gatso

28%, don't be an @rse. PVRs are up, but nowhere near 28%.

I've been away a while (sorting out my new job). Vern mate, I only quoted what I heard. As You should have read properly what I had written, (rumour going round). I don't know where you are, or what camp your on but beleive me that PVR rate around my neck of woods can be beleived. My place is currently running with a manning deficit of around 20%. Folks around my place are quitting in droves. Up until recently I was planning on staying to the end of contract. when I found out about a job which sounded good I jumped at the chance. This outfit does not offer anything near to what I can get out in civvy street. It's not just me, alot of other Techies know this. I know folks who quit the RAF, just to get employment as a Contractor for the same job, in the same section. What does that say. Why be in the job that F**ks you over with guard, OOA etc etc when you can do the same job in the same place, for more money without all the RAF B*lls*it. As tashy said, smell the coffe, I did. I am out in three weeks to a new job and better prospects and frankly I can't wait.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Folks around my place are quitting in droves. Up until recently I was planning on staying to the end of contract. when I found out about a job which sounded good I jumped at the chance. This outfit does not offer anything near to what I can get out in civvy street. It's not just me, alot of other Techies know this. I know folks who quit the RAF, just to get employment as a Contractor for the same job, in the same section. What does that say. Why be in the job that F**ks you over with guard, OOA etc etc when you can do the same job in the same place, for more money without all the RAF B*lls*it. As tashy said, smell the coffe, I did. I am out in three weeks to a new job and better prospects and frankly I can't wait.

Glad i could be of service and for once my advice was good !!

I met a guy today off my old Sqn who thanked me for my posts as it kept them amused as they are all depressed and counting the days....3 people to man the heavy desk on a busy sqn....it just aint right and in fact it is downright dangerous......wonder what the Eng management has to say about it....feck all i bet !!

Crack on..............................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

This is gen, at a camp in swampland there are approx 3400 raf personnel and just over 400 are on resettlement. Someone tell me theres not a problem, the officers at the top must stand up soon to whats happening the airforce is getting destroyed.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
This is gen, at a camp in swampland there are approx 3400 raf personnel and just over 400 are on resettlement. Someone tellme theres not a problem.the officers at the topp must stand up soon to whats happening.

Even better if they soon had to do some servicings !!!

Crack on...................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Glad i could be of service and for once my advice was good !!

I met a guy today off my old Sqn who thanked me for my posts as it kept them amused as they are all depressed and counting the days....3 people to man the heavy desk on a busy sqn....it just aint right and in fact it is downright dangerous......wonder what the Eng management has to say about it....feck all i bet !!

Crack on..............................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Some of the oxygen thieves that occupy these management posts would look at that and say "Why have we got 3 people occupying one desk - surely we only need one person per desk".....:PDT_Xtremez_34:

J

(JR)

There are now so many contractors, civvies partners, sub contractors that you have to question if any real cost savings been made. Each contractor gets paid from different budgets and statically on paper you could say that one budget was saving money but a new one had to be opened to pay for the contract.
We may well be saving money but what are we losing?
Experience gained from having various posts and not being continually stretched as we try to do the same job but with a reduced work force. Plus the reduced knowledge as those with experience go off to do the same job with a contractor with either better money or less money but not being messed around.
If you can’t present to the public, that a life in the forces is (amongst other things), about having a good job, playing sports and developing your skills. Instead of the fact that shortly, the only way to see the world will be through a gun site and living in a compound. Why would anyone want to join up? I remember why I did and that was to protect my country with job security.
People are now joking around that the RAF will become the Royal Flying Corp so that the manning can be shared with the Army. So saving costs on duplicate training and infrastructure. If we did at least the Army could once again be an army instead of a militia (An Army is a force greater than 100,000 men).:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Rant over for now.::P:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I would rather nosh Sausage 2 than become a green suit. Personally I think that there would be a mass exodus if it were to come to the disbandment of the RAF. I joined as an Airman who wears his blue suit with pride and I will exit the service wearing blue, not green. The RAF is now nearly a third of the size as it was when I joined up and I've seen it torn limb from limb and its whole ethos thrown to the dogs. Too much change, manpower reductions etc at a time when our ops are at a their highest since the 50's.

Next October I can bang in my notice and be rid of my 4-6 months of dets to kandahar and Qatar each year.

Maybe I will take one of those cushy Civvy jobs at HIOS at Lyneham who offer their employees a 30 grand a year shift workers package. I have no 6000's, no responsibility, no dets and I can take my pension and be 8-10 grand a year better off without. It just doesn't make sense to put up with it anymore.

As for PVR's, there is at least 7 lads on my shift PVR'd in the last 12 months and none of the SNCO's have signed on for LOS 30. I find that worrying as I have only known about 6 people PVR in my years in the mob and now I have seen 7 on my shift in the last year. Also, LOS 30 used to be a desirable option but at the moment its being turned down in droves. That alone is an eye opener but I also wonder who will be around to manage the Squadrons in the next 10 years.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Our very own Penguins Suck's could do it.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I would rather nosh Sausage 2 than become a green suit. Personally I think that there would be a mass exodus if it were to come to the disbandment of the RAF. I joined as an Airman who wears his blue suit with pride and I will exit the service wearing blue, not green. The RAF is now nearly a third of the size as it was when I joined up and I've seen it torn limb from limb and its whole ethos thrown to the dogs. Too much change, manpower reductions etc at a time when our ops are at a their highest since the 50's.

Next October I can bang in my notice and be rid of my 4-6 months of dets to kandahar and Qatar each year.

Maybe I will take one of those cushy Civvy jobs at HIOS at Lyneham who offer their employees a 30 grand a year shift workers package. I have no 6000's, no responsibility, no dets and I can take my pension and be 8-10 grand a year better off without. It just doesn't make sense to put up with it anymore.

As for PVR's, there is at least 7 lads on my shift PVR'd in the last 12 months and none of the SNCO's have signed on for LOS 30. I find that worrying as I have only known about 6 people PVR in my years in the mob and now I have seen 7 on my shift in the last year. Also, LOS 30 used to be a desirable option but at the moment its being turned down in droves. That alone is an eye opener but I also wonder who will be around to manage the Squadrons in the next 10 years.

Banter notwithstanding, a very serious point!:PDT_Xtremez_35:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I also wonder who will be around to manage the Squadrons in the next 10 years.

That is what the officers do. Obviously the non commisioned riff-raff are just the hired helps and any twit will do.

That seems to be an attitude that has been prevalent for a while and maybe thats why the Officer to airman ratio is so ludicrous at the moment.
It could be that this attitudes results are coming back to haunt us.

Back