• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are Techies in crisis yet?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mickwreay
  • Start date Start date
C

Captain Gatso

This is gen, at a camp in swampland there are approx 3400 raf personnel and just over 400 are on resettlement. Someone tell me theres not a problem, the officers at the top must stand up soon to whats happening the airforce is getting destroyed.[/QUOTE]

I think that ACOS manning might have found out about what is going on in swampy land. As has already being mentioned on another thread. He has been paying visits to camps to find out what the story is, on the shop floor so to speak.I think his visits are a result from what is going on at Leuchers. He came to swampy land only a few weeks ago and apparently was shocked to learn about the levels of pay and benefits a contractor earns, compared to a blue suiter who works alongside them. Apparently he and a senior civil serpent that was with him, knew nothing about this and have gone away with something serious to ponder over. especially when he was told that folks are leaving just to sign up as a contractor. If that shows how out of touch the airships have been. I don't know what else will do make them wake up and start listening to what is happening.:PDT_Xtremez_25:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
"who will be around to manage the Squadrons in the next 10 years."

Look around you, today and tomorrow, and you will see the fruits of your burden - or the Burden of your fruits!

This is the dilemma that has faced many of us "Ex's" long before you thought of it.

Yes, 'they' don't know what you do now... but by the time they get to the top things will have changed, for better or worse, and they either will or won't cope!

By then, there won't be a thing you can about it do except read it in the papers.

It's for the above reasons that you should look after all your staff. You only have the chance to make a difference in their education - now!

Glad i could be of service and for once my advice was good !!

I met a guy today off my old Sqn who thanked me for my posts as it kept them amused as they are all depressed and counting the days....3 people to man the heavy desk on a busy sqn....it just aint right and in fact it is downright dangerous......wonder what the Eng management has to say about it....feck all i bet !!

Crack on..............................:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Couldnt agree more tashy, one week on our sqn these 3 people were all snecs! :PDT_Xtremez_09:

we regularly have to make do with x2 on desk, its getting ridiculous......and dangerous.

Now with 2 potential operational deployments a year for our fleet I just dont think 2 or 3 people on a desk will cover it.

But a minister can let his wife run up thousands in taxi bills, while we suffer more defence cuts? think its time to look for a new job :PDT_Xtremez_28:

davie77

LAC
Are Techies in crisis,

Of course we bloody are...

My example is we have had 16 Avionics PVR's in the last 2 years, this is 16 more than I have heard of in the last 10 years.

No Sgts are signing on to LOS 30
No Chiefs/FS's are signing on to age 55

And finally we have 6 Avionics Cpls on my desk.
I have seniority of 4.5 years in rank
The other 5 have 2.5 years put together.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has got their head in the sand.

K

kirky 269

postings??

postings??

i,ve been trying to get away from the fife airforce for two years now, seriously thinking about the big PVR now seems this minimum move policy is to suit the people who have already got the jobs they want personally i dont want to stay in the same job for more than two years but the attitude is always the same (if you don't like it get out we can replace you) it sucks

When AMF at ISL was closing down none of the armourer types had been posted so when one of the lads phoned the desk to see what was happening the reply was.... Is it closing! When?:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Back