• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

good trade group 4 posts

myself and another cpl (still tg11) were discussing posts available for our trade these days. does anyone out there know what is available for cpl's now? or any posts that you recommend?

NFTR

SAC
Not much really, depends what you mean by good posts. Even when you have asimilated, things won't improve. The bulk of the CIS provision posts are gradually being absorbed by DCSA (to be eventually civilianised) and with DII on the horizon it's not very peachy.

Life in a green suit on TCW, or 90 SU or whatever they are called now beckons. Although you've already probably twigged that, hence the question.

Not much really, depends what you mean by good posts. Even when you have asimilated, things won't improve. The bulk of the CIS provision posts are gradually being absorbed by DCSA (to be eventually civilianised) and with DII on the horizon it's not very peachy.

Life in a green suit on TCW, or 90 SU or whatever they are called now beckons. Although you've already probably twigged that, hence the question.

just done a year at DCSA Northwood and posted to Episkopi in march so i'm thinking of when i return to the uk really...wouldn't mind returning to TCW but after six years there before Northwood i would rather see what else, if anything is available. I know what you mean about DII. i had a brief from my current boss this very afternoon that there will be jobs lost in the next round of DII implementation which is in july this year although anyone whose services are no longer required will find out by the end of this month.
I guess if i'm realistic then the outlook for our trade isn't as rosey as everyone has been making out for the last couple of years!
TCW it is then!

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
just done a year at DCSA Northwood and posted to Episkopi in march so i'm thinking of when i return to the uk really...wouldn't mind returning to TCW but after six years there before Northwood i would rather see what else, if anything is available. I know what you mean about DII. i had a brief from my current boss this very afternoon that there will be jobs lost in the next round of DII implementation which is in july this year although anyone whose services are no longer required will find out by the end of this month.
I guess if i'm realistic then the outlook for our trade isn't as rosey as everyone has been making out for the last couple of years!
TCW it is then!

Life only in Greens for the CIS Trade have been on the cards since at least 1998.

W

Wing boy

Life only in Greens for the CIS Trade have been on the cards since at least 1998.

Well I seem to have that sorted because thats when i started wearing Green.

Are we all forgetting the Typhoon?

There are still jobs out there for us, but were starting to get info trickling down from up high that DII and DCSA are gonna have a massive say on where we are headed. It wont be long before they look at the typhoon as well. It sucks balls, I genuinely thought that, when we were given a life line in the airforce, that it was going to be rosey, but alas, were just gonna get shafted again. Anyone for the Siggies

T

The Masked Geek

There are still jobs out there for us, but were starting to get info trickling down from up high that DII and DCSA are gonna have a massive say on where we are headed. It wont be long before they look at the typhoon as well.

Thankfully, with the multi-national architecture of many of the Typhoon support IT systems, DII should never get their greasy mits on it. The only DII influence I can forsee is the network connection we'll have to rent to plug our new building into the RLI.

We're already rolling up systems that sit outside their sphere of influence and that's the way it's gonna stay.

Conversations with a certain Sqn Ldr involved with the DII implementation have allayed our fears so we can happily develop stuff to improve our lot without the risk of losing it all when the behemoth finally lands.

Total future TG4 posts?

Probably quite a few but you'll need to know your stuff.

Last edited:

NFTR

SAC
I don't get a warm and fuzzy about the whole DII/DCSA thing. OK, Typhoon may sit outside the scope of DII (but possibly not DCSA) and will hopefully keep ex TG3/TG11 bods in work. However, the bulk of the trade currently involved in the RLI side of life, both infrastructure and networks/IM will go. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems the cards are on the table for a huge slice of TG4 within the next 5 years or so.

TG4 Posts

TG4 Posts

Hi,
it's not all that bad, with every base now needing an "I Hub"(files/it) these will be taken up by the new TG4 personel both tech and op. It did look like a company called Atlas were going to get the I Hub contract but this has now been given to the blue suits, this hopefully come into effect in the next few years. The trade is now being pushed big time by A6 this year.

NFTR

SAC
...........with every base now needing an "I Hub"(files/it) these will be taken up by the new TG4 personel both tech and op. It did look like a company called Atlas were going to get the I Hub contract but this has now been given to the blue suits............

???? Where did you get this info from?

Hi,
it's not all that bad, with every base now needing an "I Hub"(files/it) these will be taken up by the new TG4 personel both tech and op. It did look like a company called Atlas were going to get the I Hub contract but this has now been given to the blue suits, this hopefully come into effect in the next few years. The trade is now being pushed big time by A6 this year.

This is very interesting if it's true mate!!!

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
As far as I know ATLAS are still on course to take over in 2009, a certain amount of blue suits are going to be maintained, but we're not getting them all.

TG4 slots

TG4 slots

I can't say exactly where but we havn't got anything to fear from atlas, they will be looking after some aspects of the trade but only the hardware side. It can only be good news.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I'm not TG4, but this may be of some use. A year or 2 ago, I was given an Excel file that detailed every post in the RAF by Camp/Trade/Rank. I can't remember where I saw it, but I've been trying to find it ever since. Surely this sort of thing must exist, and if so why isn't it widely publicised?

NFTR

SAC
As far as I know ATLAS are still on course to take over in 2009, a certain amount of blue suits are going to be maintained, but we're not getting them all.

Even earlier if you are an Increment 2 site.

I can't say exactly where but we havn't got anything to fear from atlas, they will be looking after some aspects of the trade but only the hardware side. It can only be good news.

Only the hardware side? OK, so everyone involved in ITMS and LDCN is for the chop then. Remaining posts not elbowed out by ATLAS will get subsumed by DCSA anyway and eventually civilianised. Future TG4 = OOA.

Even earlier if you are an Increment 2 site.

Only the hardware side? OK, so everyone involved in ITMS and LDCN is for the chop then. Remaining posts not elbowed out by ATLAS will get subsumed by DCSA anyway and eventually civilianised. Future TG4 = OOA.

why do you always have to be so negative...everytime i read one of your replies it makes me wanna pvr:pDT_Xtremez_30: