• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hamilton and team mate penalised

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The only prob now is that both Mac's will be running low fuel from their position so that screws mac's race strategy and now they can't refuel cos they finished qually 3.

Don't think that the Mclaren is on the pace regardless

Also their launch control is a bit on the sh1te side compared to the other front runners so there will be a poor start for both of them.

Their launch control is as sh*te as the rest of the fields. Reason why??

Cos not one car on that grid has launch control. It has been banned along with traction control.. All the cars have a FIA supplied ECU installed to ensure that the ban is enforcable (build by Mclaren!)

As for the penalty, I've just seen the quali and both MM drivers were guilty of being on the racing line, not at sufficient speed. Hope the team learns not to do that again...

T55

Sergeant
Don't think that the Mclaren is on the pace regardless

Their launch control is as sh*te as the rest of the fields. Reason why??

Cos not one car on that grid has launch control. It has been banned along with traction control.. All the cars have a FIA supplied ECU installed to ensure that the ban is enforcable (build by Mclaren!)

As for the penalty, I've just seen the quali and both MM drivers were guilty of being on the racing line, not at sufficient speed. Hope the team learns not to do that again...

I think Massa should be allowed to have his traction control back

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Oh I see, so the McLarens were the only slow moving cars on the track. Anyway, I have bet on the Ferraris winning because my luck is such that I always lose bets. Good luck Mr Masher, let's hope that you like the race as much as you like Ferrari and I like the race as much as I like the British bloke in the British car :)

Before you engage fingers for typing check what I said.
I think you'll find that the 2 McLarens were driving slowly along the racing line when Heidfeld came tanking along, thats what the penalty is for.
As mentioned, the closing speed would have been massive. Very dangerous and not just attributable to the drivers but also the team. The other drivers nearby were off the racing line, thats where they're supposed to go T55, off of the racing line.

I dont follow the team, I follow the driver.

Anyway, a good result for Kimi and well done to Heikki and Kubica.
Its just a shame we didnt see much of the other drivers in the pack, there must have been a few close battles going on in there.
Bahrain next, should be good. With 2 weeks until then it gives a few of the teams to catch up with their development.

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

Ferrari shortened their wheel base this year because they were so poor at tight twisty circuits last year.

.............and Massa shortened his even to the extent of putting the rear wheels in front of the front one's..............:PDT_Xtremez_42:

At least Kimi's engine lasted the distance.
Still, no one is running away with the points yet.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
.............and Massa shortened his even to the extent of putting the rear wheels in front of the front one's..............:PDT_Xtremez_42:

At least Kimi's engine lasted the distance.
Still, no one is running away with the points yet.

Ba dum.....tish! Get yer coat!

Ferrari shortened their wheel base this year because they were so poor at tight twisty circuits last year.

But didn't they make it longer last year? I thought MClaren were supposed to get the worst garages in the pit lane for finishing bottom of the constructors? they seem to be in the middle garages.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
But didn't they make it longer last year?.

Yes, but they shortened it this year because they werent so handy around tight twisty tracks.
Shall I just keep repeating myself for the hard of hearing????

As for McLaren not being at the end of the pits................interesting point. They must have cheated or bleated their way to the middle. :PDT_Xtremez_31:

G

grumpyoldb

Yes, but they shortened it this year because they werent so handy around tight twisty tracks.
Shall I just keep repeating myself for the hard of hearing????

As for McLaren not being at the end of the pits................interesting point. They must have cheated or bleated their way to the middle. :PDT_Xtremez_31:

The reason why McLaren were not shunted all the way to the bottom of the pitlane was the size of the motor homes.............yes indeedy.

The further down the pitlane you go, the smaller the garages, and the smaller the parking space outback.
Putting McLaren down there would have blocked access to the rear of the garages, so they were moved down as far as was practical.

G

grumpyoldb

The FIA can't make them scale down. It is a commercial company.
They would have blocked access.................then Ferrari would have been bleating about being blocked by McLaren.

Some things never change................:0

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Cheating barstewards should be made to park further away and then carry all their sh1t to the end pit garage.

Your drivers having the biggest motor homes has nothing to do with it being a commercial company, may have been a trade off for the whole points loss and fine fiasco but I'm not buying into the motor home theory.

G

grumpyoldb

Sorry H & S, but it is a fact. It really was the reason.
Try googling it.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
So if one of the lesser teams comes last on the Constructors championship that best option would be to buy big motor homes thus getting the best pitch in the pits

Think Dr Strangelove
"Mr president we must now allow a motor home gap to exsist between them and us":PDT_Xtremez_30:

Sorry H & S, but it is a fact. It really was the reason.
Try googling it.

Seems like a topical issue on a few other F1 threads:
http://www.f1db.com/forums/printthread.php?t=5245

I wasn't saying your were wrong as I laughed when they said about them going to the end garages and might struggle to get some of their kit in when the points were docked last season. Looking at other threads seems like all the teams said yes.

Back