• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jobs that are an utter Barsteward!

A

amfortas

All these tales of woe. But you chaps don't know yer born.

Try being an Air Traffic Controller. The assistant ALWAYS put the bloody tea in the wrong place and you have to REACH to pick it up.

cup of corrrfeee

Obi Wan

Sergeant
Lot of jobs on the bucc seemed to involve being upside down in the footwell, canopy jett for us plumbers was a bit of a tw@t if I remember right.

There was an extraction ring around the cart that required the use of a "spring" legged removal tool that was a complete tw@t to use......and inevitably the cart would be held in by suction. and lock wiring it was a tw@t as well Ahhhhh those were the days

::D:​

haha suction door on a harrier, is that thw same as an aux air door!!
they were a bit fiddly,not too bad if you pre-wirelocked a one of the bolts first!!

G

gemarriott

There was an extraction ring around the cart that required the use of a "spring" legged removal tool that was a complete tw@t to use......and inevitably the cart would be held in by suction. and lock wiring it was a tw@t as well Ahhhhh those were the days

::D:​

gravity, age and arthritis means I couldn'yt do it now even if I wanted to:raf:

riggrrrr

SAC
Wire locking the NFGS on the Sea King was an utter ****, you needed about 5 foot of bloody wire! Enough to bring a young LAC almost to tears........ :S
Come to think of it, the tail rotor PCL's on the same aircraft were sods too, they had to represent the Westland's 'W' if i remember correctly. :PDT_Xtremez_34:

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
All these tales of woe. But you chaps don't know yer born.

Try being an Air Traffic Controller. The assistant ALWAYS put the bloody tea in the wrong place and you have to REACH to pick it up.

cup of corrrfeee

Then of course there was the decision - staple, paper clip or treasury tag. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

and so it was for comms

and so it was for comms

That's not a barsteward of a job just a pain in the ar5e because the tornado design team decided that zone 19 was a great place to put it as then any repetetive job encountered by those TG 1 spanner monkeys involved the phrase RHWR Crate Remove this was officially a TG1 task but being nice and helpful Av guys always took it out for them. The worst reason for removal for a triv task was footmotor replen..:PDT_Xtremez_25:

During my time with To Work Continuously Unrewarded we had the crates fitted... as we were'nt 'sharp-end' we had dummy boxes fitted. In the end we had an STI to leave the crate out and bag the cables. Even with it out, there were comms boxes that were a pain in the proverbial to change - CAS and HLS spring to mind. One I recall (though memory dimms) had a crosshead screw in each corner, 3 of the fixing points on the box were 'forks' - pop 2 of the screws in, slide in the box (if you see what I mean). Number 4 was a hole and which did they choose? The one at the top left (box is at the top left of zone 19 as I recall) under the large pipe. I know us comms guys were cross trained to give us something to do on shift, but really!

Trusty Adjusty

Corporal
Wire locking the NFGS on the Sea King was an utter ****, you needed about 5 foot of bloody wire! Enough to bring a young LAC almost to tears........ :S
Come to think of it, the tail rotor PCL's on the same aircraft were sods too, they had to represent the Westland's 'W' if i remember correctly. :PDT_Xtremez_34:

I still have nightmares about NFGS, good times.......:PDT_Xtremez_09::PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back