• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Multiskilling Courses

Multiskilling Courses

• Done the course and have used my new trade

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Done the course and don't use my new trade

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • What course haven't been yet

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sumps

Sergeant
OK - I'll admit it I'm having a thick moment here! - Why do you need to retrain to do your opposite trade in order to be promoted?
Apart from the hands on practical aspects wouldn't a credible pass at HNC/D level in a relevant subject e.g. Aircraft engineering or mechanical /electronic engineering...etc... etc... (Of which there are a lot within the technician brethren) cover the science, theories and other complexities of aircraft especially if these HNC/D's can be used for a pay increase :PDT_Xtremez_15:

The practical aspects could be carried out by swiping bits of metal from a BDR kit then returning useless picture frames and G-Clamps for marking to the old crusty instructor C/T I. N. Mydaylad at the No.1 spitfire MTU - RAF Weston Zoyland - or whatever!!!:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:
L

LagDamper

I just did mine and to be honest I day dreamed for the whole 4 weeks, fook knows how I passed the exam, sheer blind luck. I'm not that thick just totaly and utterly NFI. 10 years on helicopters and just started another tour on them. Why I have to learn about Tornado/Jaguar engines I don't know. Still, 4 weeks drinking in JAX with F@:k all responsibility and late starts everyday is better than working my ass off.

T

Turbo Angryman

Nice one!!

Nice one!!

Heard of a guy on first line fixing rapier called TAM...thick as mince
I Know a fellow tossford resident intials TAM = Turbo Angry Man
Obviously just an embarassing coincidence as Turbo Angry Man is a nice chap who gets the brews in and is a liney at heart. He would never run off with his TAIL between his legs and bleat. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Right you job stealing Ba#tard, a friend of mine at tossford who is a fecking good instructor and all round good egg,has just been accused of being me by man in the avenue of power who looks just like a human swan vesta, and may have tezzas that resemble oranges you know who im talking about!
So Keep your grid shut!!
Turbo (nearly identified by jobstealing civvy meakon)Angryman
Angryness Level 10/10

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Right you job stealing Ba#tard, a friend of mine at tossford who is a fecking good instructor and all round good egg,has just been accused of being me by man in the avenue of power who looks just like a human swan vesta, and may have tezzas that resemble oranges you know who im talking about!
So Keep your grid shut!!
Turbo (nearly identified by jobstealing civvy meakon)Angryman
Angryness Level 10/10

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA 16

Craig855s

Sergeant
im on mine a week on monday,falls over easter so have to go back for 2 extra days. is it all theory or is some practical, fairy-leccy i'll be doing

Back