• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Supplement 2 of 4 it is then

Gnasher

LAC
From the chat we had from the trade sponser on IMLC, the trade was literally on the fence between the 2 supplement levels.Perhaps they should have factored in the dire state the trade is in with recruiting and used that as a carrot to dangle to improve it?Assuming the above is true of course!

To late for that. I doubt the RAF (i.e. Cosford) have the time money or ability to put people through a proper TG3 training course any more.

I think the unfortunate reality that most refuse to come to terms with are

1. There is only a very small proportion of TG4 that still require the full spectrum of skills taught to those ex TG3s.
2. We have no where near the throughput or the type of jobs required justify training 2 seperate trades.
3. It is quite realistic that our trade could be swallowed up by contractors/privatization and other trades/services leaving us with no job at all.

1. There is only a very small proportion of TG4 that still require the full spectrum of skills taught to those ex TG3s.
2. We have no where near the throughput or the type of jobs required justify training 2 seperate trades.
3. It is quite realistic that our trade could be swallowed up by contractors/privatization and other trades/services leaving us with no job at all.

Exactly and thats why the TG is being put firmly in supplement 2 and no amount of bleating is going to change that.

chumpzilla

Sergeant

Point 3..... That is true of most, if not all of the trades. Leaving a handful of deployable Herbert's to do the tasty stuff.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Level 3

SNCO Weapons controller

Int An Voice

ATC

Int Analyst

Air Engineering Tech (AV)

Level 2

Air engineering (M)

Gen Tech

Air Cartographer

ICT Tech

WSO

ICT Aerial Erector

Lost the top of the Level 1 but:

Aero Sys/Flight op & Manager (whatever that is)

Pers Support

PTI

Logs Chef

Photographer

Firefighter

Logs Caterer

4everAD

Sergeant
Sticky, is that conjecture or based on fact? If true why aren't we seeing this information in the wider community?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
What I find interesting is that AT-Ms are below AT-AVs.

There is a skill factor there that is taken in to account with the fairies.

The ability to sit in the crewroom playing bridge all day but be too busy to do gash jobs.

briggfairy

Sergeant
In no way will that make things awkward on a sqn with av's being paid more than mech's especially if the management are legacy mechs.

beercalls would be interesting methinks

chumpzilla

Sergeant
It's an interesting blend of trades in level 3.... Does anyone know when we find out the pay differences between supplements?

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I can't see the tg1 trades being split, wouldn't work when you got to FS level when they combine.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Would they not assume the lower supplement at that level? After all, I guess they aren't producers anymore... More managers like in TG4 (apologies for lack of TG1 knowledge)

Back