• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Techie types, prove yourselves!

N

NotAnIDOYet

80% for the tame scopie!

Hmmm, maybe I should have joined as a techie after all!

Soupdragon

Piermaster
72% for the non techie type Piermaster.... operator not a maintainer!!

however, i would also take issue with 2 of the answers...

1, the engine... already been queried by other more knowledgeable people on here than me

2, Q15 - lifting the weight, answer given says theres no difference in the 3 methods however, methods B & C involve a pulley block and as such would be slightly hindered due to friction (rope over the sheave, friction in the sheave pin bearing...)

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
84%. Not bad as Im forty years away from training in Air Wireless, methinks.

It's not the size of the carrot, but the placement that counts.

B

Blacky

82% - not too bad. It's been 22 years since I went through training. And it's been 6 years since I last worked on anything electronic. Not bad for an old fairy with two screaming kids in the background.

flintwich

Corporal
74% not bad for a photog turned security officer even if I say so myself.
All things mechanical and electrical are left to people who know what they are doing.

B

blowmysepticzube

80% on the nail, no wasted effort--sweet! Back to me bottle of chenet and see if can do better!!

gearbox

LAC
88% unfortunately this was not a suprise as it's bread and butter stuff.

As previously stated a couple of the questions were dodgy and one or two caught me out completely! :PDT_Xtremez_09:

H

Hoof_Hearted

88% for an ex-grease monkey . . .

Pulleys always get me - never really got them, apart from the easier they are to pull on, the more rope on the floor to tidy up afterwards.

The engine Q - I thought was spot on - in theory, there is no such thing as "negative" pressure.

The fan Q was a trick one though . . . :PDT_Xtremez_21:

M

Mohammed The Bear

74% absolutely out-fukcing-standing I havn't a technicle bone in my body, as far as I'm concerned spanners are used for rounding the heads off nuts!

doc670

LAC
Vote for Joes

Vote for Joes

90% for me, but then again, that's probably how I managed to pass out of Cosford nearly 36 years ago - if in doubt - 'C'.

Back