• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3 Roll Call

TG3 Roll Call

• L Tech AD

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • L Tech AF

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • L Tech TC

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • Eng Tech El

Votes: 51 35.7%
  • I can't feckin remember, my trade has changed that many times.

Votes: 17 11.9%

• Total voters
TOP post Speccytechy. My only addition would be ... and how exactly would someone motivate them ?

Sgt Stripes " M8 crack on I can see you getting A or A- this year "

Cpl Tapes " Really ! and that makes what difference sarge ? "

motivation has pretty much gone out of the window mate , ill still motivate myself to do my job to the best i can put it is bloody hard when you know you will get nothing for it at the end of the day .

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
You want motivation? Check the volunteers lists, you lot are all over the overseas one. Get on that.
Other trades might as well be told the same as you guys with the low number of promotions versus numbers.
crap prop nailed it on the head as well
Of course there is a point in working, people out in the field still need our help and support to do their job whilst operating in a stessfull and dangerous environment. You may be disgruntled but so is everyone else in the RAF

Just bank the money and do as little as possible until the next round of redundancies.

what redundancies ? they wont need to do any with the amount of Sgts pvring and the amount of cpls who are coming into there last 3 years , they are going to make people redundant , natural wastage will sort it out for them .

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Ok so I`m playing devils advocate. I love the RAF and this latest stuff doesn`t stop me remembering all the great things I`ve done in it etc. But That doesn`t preclude me from speaking up when I see it being systematically dismantled from within. That applies to all trades. Fine, ok, the ship appears to be rudderless and heading for the rocks (not those ones). But it`s not sinking and I`m no rat ... I`ll stay ...

Ok so I`m playing devils advocate. I love the RAF and this latest stuff doesn`t stop me remembering all the great things I`ve done in it etc. But That doesn`t preclude me from speaking up when I see it being systematically dismantled from within. That applies to all trades. Fine, ok, the ship appears to be rudderless and heading for the rocks (not those ones). But it`s not sinking and I`m no rat ... I`ll stay ...

well said.

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
I for one would love to have a long and succesfull promotion in the RAF, preferably making it to at least Sgt at the 22 year point. Unfortunatley now whatever carrot I had has been taken away with the news that no matter how good (or bad) I am that I will have no option but to leave after 9 years. Don't get me wrong, whilst I am still in I will give my all, both in the UK and wherever but perhaps that little bit extra effort may just have disappeared. At the end of the day, no matter how easy promotion is to come by the RAF doesn't care about ANY individual, we are but a number. The time has come now for myself, and many others to really look after number one and get out before we really get shafted.

With the amount of PVRs going in at the Wing currently there can't be long before Opss are in serious danger of being severely undermanned. Que longer dets and even more PVRs...it's a very slippery slope..

I for one would love to have a long and succesfull promotion in the RAF, preferably making it to at least Sgt at the 22 year point. Unfortunatley now whatever carrot I had has been taken away with the news that no matter how good (or bad) I am that I will have no option but to leave after 9 years. Don't get me wrong, whilst I am still in I will give my all, both in the UK and wherever but perhaps that little bit extra effort may just have disappeared. At the end of the day, no matter how easy promotion is to come by the RAF doesn't care about ANY individual, we are but a number. The time has come now for myself, and many others to really look after number one and get out before we really get shafted.

With the amount of PVRs going in at the Wing currently there can't be long before Opss are in serious danger of being severely undermanned. Que longer dets and even more PVRs...it's a very slippery slope..

which ranks are PVRing ? is it sacs and newish cpls ?

T93

Sergeant

Agreed.

Well put JFD666.

I for one despise all those whingers who shout from the rooftops and to anyone who will listen to them about PVRing, but wont/will not ever do it. The ones who shout the loudest are generally the last ones who actually will go through with it...It was the same in my day, and I suspect its the same now. Even reading the comments on the goat makes me believe this even more.

Seriously. If your not happy with your lot/hate the establishment. Then leave, dont bleat on about threatening to leave, just leave.

At least stand by your principles. If you love the RAF, as JFD666 states then thats great, at least he is standing by what he says/writes.

You read about the pension trap and other assorted excuses why NOT to leave whilst the next sentence starts with "I would love to PVR" or in a similiar vein. This is BOL+OCKS im afraid. Either put up or shut up.

Sorry guys, but if your gonna whinge about your circumstances BUT do nothing about it, then just please be quiet.

Again well done JFD.

Agreed.

Well put JFD666.

I for one despise all those whingers who shout from the rooftops and to anyone who will listen to them about PVRing, but wont/will not ever do it. The ones who shout the loudest are generally the last ones who actually will go through with it...It was the same in my day, and I suspect its the same now. Even reading the comments on the goat makes me believe this even more.

Seriously. If your not happy with your lot/hate the establishment. Then leave, dont bleat on about threatening to leave, just leave.

At least stand by your principles. If you love the RAF, as JFD666 states then thats great, at least he is standing by what he says/writes.

You read about the pension trap and other assorted excuses why NOT to leave whilst the next sentence starts with "I would love to PVR" or in a similiar vein. This is BOL+OCKS im afraid. Either put up or shut up.

Sorry guys, but if your gonna whinge about your circumstances BUT do nothing about it, then just please be quiet.

Again well done JFD.

Good post in general , i would never pvr , as sad as it sounds i enjoy my job and want to progress as much as i can . But yeah i am in the pension trap , it is not worthwhile me pvering anyway cause of it and its hard to do something about it when your hands are tied.

T93

Sergeant
Good post in general , i would never pvr , as sad as it sounds i enjoy my job and want to progress as much as i can . But yeah i am in the pension trap , it is not worthwhile me pvering anyway cause of it and its hard to do something about it when your hands are tied.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its not sad fella if you enjoy what you do.

The training I received in the RAF was the best & I appreciated eerything it gave me

My earlier post was aimed at those who go on and on about pvring....without actually ever doing it. You see it written all over the site.

I personally think the RAF is great & Im glad that I was a part of that. I left because I disagreed with certain things but I never bleated about it...I just pvrd and left.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its not sad fella if you enjoy what you do.

The training I received in the RAF was the best & I appreciated eerything it gave me

My earlier post was aimed at those who go on and on about pvring....without actually ever doing it. You see it written all over the site.

I personally think the RAF is great & Im glad that I was a part of that. I left because I disagreed with certain things but I never bleated about it...I just pvrd and left.

you always get the same people who keep going on about pvr but never have the balls to do it .

Gillo

Banned

Book yourself a drugs test unless you are CAS. I presume you would also take a pay cut to stay in and do GREAT THINGS.

P

prop135

ok I know I am jumping in on a TG4 thread but this is where the discussion is

I personally don't agree with the pension trap arguement, I have done the Math, for myself, and I feel that I can easily replace the lost income/pension so that at age 55 I am on a par. I leave the RAF on the 20 year point.

The time I have spent in I have totally enjoyed,

The training I have recieved, especially in the last 6 years has been supurb and has set me up for civvie life

I work in a TG4 environment (mix) and I can honestly say that I feel sorry for your trade, the way it is being treated and the mess that it is in.

BUT, there are plenty of jobs out there for TG4 types in both public and private sectors, so if you are totally threaders with the RAF then take the excellent training, personal skills and traits and bail.

OK..Igiveup

Corporal
What goes around.

What goes around.

I remember the days of young JTs bitching about not being promoted after 7 8 9 yrs. I was one of them. I also remember the mechs who were happy bubblewrapping kit to be sent away. With the faint hope of a fitters course before thier 9 yrs was up if they wore a tie everyday.

There were some big boards as they bined the JT, but its over.

Yes too many kicks in the teeth and you get fed up, thats why they have the pension trap.

We are like nurses in a way, we don't do it for the money we do it cos we enjoy(ed) it and got satisfaction.

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
which ranks are PVRing ? is it sacs and newish cpls ?

SACs with a decent level of experience and as you say, newish Cpls.

I personally are going to arm myself to the teeth with courses/quals over the next fewyears before hopefully saying a fond farewell at 9years. If the opportunity to leave arises before then I shall take it but I certainly don't see the 'career for life' that I may of had before the brief last week.

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Unfortunately, i'm an newly promoted cpl on the wing, and it's sad to see so many good lads pvr-ing and actually going thru with it! What people don't appreciate is that they are on a decent wage, get loads of wedge when they go away and come back, have a great social life, are in the best air force in the world, live like kings and pay naff all for food and accom.

I am a 22 year man, it provides me a stable job and a home for my wife and kids at stupidly low rent. Fair enough, there are also lots of negatives, but overall, we are lucky people who are serving our country!

Hopefully, the AFCO's will convey this to the lads coming thru and RTS will instill a bit more morale fibre and issue the lads/lasses with backbones at stores!

Rant over................................ for now!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
What people don't appreciate is that they are on a decent wage, get loads of wedge when they go away and come back, have a great social life, are in the best air force in the world, live like kings and pay naff all for food and accom.

Are you trying to convince yourself or others ?

Crack on............:PDT_Xtremez_09:

Back