• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TG3 Roll Call

TG3 Roll Call

• L Tech AD

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • L Tech AF

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • L Tech TC

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • Eng Tech El

Votes: 51 35.7%
  • I can't feckin remember, my trade has changed that many times.

Votes: 17 11.9%

• Total voters

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
Unfortunately, i'm an newly promoted cpl on the wing, and it's sad to see so many good lads pvr-ing and actually going thru with it! What people don't appreciate is that they are on a decent wage, get loads of wedge when they go away and come back, have a great social life, are in the best air force in the world, live like kings and pay naff all for food and accom.

I am a 22 year man, it provides me a stable job and a home for my wife and kids at stupidly low rent. Fair enough, there are also lots of negatives, but overall, we are lucky people who are serving our country!

Hopefully, the AFCO's will convey this to the lads coming thru and RTS will instill a bit more morale fibre and issue the lads/lasses with backbones at stores!

Rant over................................ for now!

Really?

Are you on the Field Squadrons or elsewhere?

With the current turnaround of dets/exercises it is not hard to say why there are not many smiley faces around.

kerrang

LAC
Unfortunately, i'm an newly promoted cpl on the wing, and it's sad to see so many good lads pvr-ing and actually going thru with it! What people don't appreciate is that they are on a decent wage, get loads of wedge when they go away and come back, have a great social life, are in the best air force in the world, live like kings and pay naff all for food and accom.

I am a 22 year man, it provides me a stable job and a home for my wife and kids at stupidly low rent. Fair enough, there are also lots of negatives, but overall, we are lucky people who are serving our country!

Hopefully, the AFCO's will convey this to the lads coming thru and RTS will instill a bit more morale fibre and issue the lads/lasses with backbones at stores!

Have you been snorting Bleach?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Mate, it's fantastic that you love the RAF and are enjoying your time so much in the Services. Whilst you are entirely allowed your own opinion, record numbers of PVRs going in suggest something is wrong within the Service you so rigorously defend.....

chumpzilla

Sergeant
All

I haven't been snorting bleach, i'm just arguing the other side a bit. I am on a field comms sqn and yes the morale comes in fits and starts, but i'm an idealist and i'm trying to fight a one man battle to get responsibility back to the JNCO's and get the lads away to gym/egyptian PT/time for OU and all that kind of good stuff.

Trouble is, most people absorb others opinions because they are to scared to voice their own publically. If you genuinely enjoy the service, you should stay and stick it out.

I am not trying to convince myself you tart, tashy man. I'm just happy that i'm doing a job which involves effort 50% of the time and the rest is finding something to do.... (see above)

Ciao Bella's x x

chumpzilla

Sergeant
P.s I so rigorously defend the service because i'm proud of what I do, as oppose to being in a SITCOM (Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage) :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Nuff said for now....

3OCLOCKFINISH

Corporal
All

Trouble is, most people absorb others opinions because they are to scared to voice their own publically. If you genuinely enjoy the service, you should stay and stick it out.

Ciao Bella's x x

That I believe is the problem, when the ones who do enjoy the service seriously want to leave then the problems really should be there for all to see.

T

totallyangrydave

Posted to Buchan

Posted to Buchan

Have been told I am posted there in April does anyone have any good gen about Buchan?

T

totallyangrydave

Its an RRH (remote radar haed) and they still have techs there for maintenance

P

PD TC

Once a TC, always a TC.

The Crème de la crème of TG4

You know its true!!!!

T

T93-T101

Started many years ago ('86) as an L tech AF on DAF 60. Went and worked at GRIS at Henlow, working in the factory wiring up Watchman Cabins with comms. Then to Germany working with the Harriers. Worked at the GRSC but now working on the T93 - thankfully nothing to do with computers!!

16 months to my 22!!! Thank God!

Shanester

LAC
Tg3-tg4

Tg3-tg4

Started of on MAD 35 in 91, then after various assim courses/ fitters course became a TG 4 cis tech, a trade that is going places, in my case straight to Basrah and the ERAS DET, only 6 weeks of this holiday left before I'm back to sunny Boulmer and a hole in the ground....I love this job!
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Blindfire

LAC
Hi all, new to this site, I was JAFAD on DAD76 - 1984 hehe - spent all my time on Rapier(I was lucky mind did my rapier course at BAe Stevenage - beats arborfield I think!!) - nearly all of it in Germany - what a time.
However looking back the only camp I was based at that is still open was Brize Norton(was on 19sqn raf regt there).
even spent a year with the army in dortmund only for them to shut that down too.

Obviously been out of touch with things - JT doesn't exist anymore?? that was great rank.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Shortie

SAC
One of the last DE L Tech AF's to pass out of Locking back in 93 on DAF107A. The last course was DAF109 I think.

K

kev825

old Trade Titles

old Trade Titles

Back in the days of Apprentices, Techies and Supertechs there were also the grand and great, L Fitts, Ground Radar (GR) and Ground Comms (GC)
These turned into AD, AF (GR) and TC (GC).

L Fitt GR till I die.....................

J

(JR)

Checking in. L Tech AD from poor old Locking. DAD46 and yes I was and stll am a just another F**cking DE. I'm Still in and only because of a morbid curiosity to see what happens next.

F

Flossiefoo

L Tech AF (DAF 95) only made it to Airfields on GRIS AF Flt tho'

Then Eng Tech EL thrown into the JAFAD world as a Linkie (ah easy life - dem was the days!).

Now masquerading (spell check pls!) as an ORACLE admin in the geek world of TG4 apart from a brief holiday to Byron Heights on the T101 (still the Cornish holiday and alcohol poisoning was a larf!).

Believe me the crappy bit of SQL they give you on assim is NOT enough!!!!!