• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Euro's

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On the plus side England are out of the group, they are unbeaten and could play a third placed team in the last 16 knockout phase.
On the downside it was boring, uninspiring, bereft of ideas, swear at the TV, dull stuff.
The premier league is often lauded as the best league in the world. Last night 10 premier league players and Jude Bellingham played against a team ranked 57 in the world, who include an ex Boro striker, a guy who plays in the greek league and some bods from various so called lesser leagues and still we struggled mightily. I'm not hopeful for further progession in the tournament

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If England had won all 3 and scored a dozen goals we would still be in the same position as now - a game against a 3rd place side in a very favourable bottom half of the draw. Rather like Russia in 2018.

If we can't make the final when everything falls into place (again) then we might as well give up. I don't want to see those players badge kissing in the premier league when 50,000 give a toss only to bottle it when 50 million give a toss.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I suppose Southgate's plan worked - England qualified for the next round but it wasn't pretty.

England were very lucky that Slovenia didn't score a late goal when Guéhi had to take a yellow for the team after he failed to control the ball. It's moments like that which will totally ruin a game plane to settle for a 0 -0 draw.

Mr Southgate, you don't score goals by passing the ball back and forth across the field in your own half....all very well if you're defending a lead, but to do that, you have to score first...you know, put the ball in the opponent's net....it's what the game is about..

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Excellent performance by Georgia tonight. If Southgate was watching, it might have given him a reminder of what entertaining football looks like.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Slovakia, Italy/Switzerland and Romania/Netherlands/ Austria/Turkey stand between England and a place in the Final.

The only questions now - at what stage will we balls it up, and can the bitter Jocks get sufficient Slovakian flags to proudly display on Sunday.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Slovakia, Italy/Switzerland and Romania/Netherlands/ Austria/Turkey stand between England and a place in the Final.

The only questions now - at what stage will we balls it up, and can the bitter Jocks get sufficient Slovakian flags to proudly display on Sunday.
Shame Iceland are not there. The Jocks could get an Iceland bag for 40P.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
As a famous ice hockey player once said ...

"You miss a 100% of the shots you don't take."

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So the England boys made the semi final stage of the T20 lets hope the footy boys can do better. (Not very hopeful)

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Will England sparkle and make us proud?
Half time and not a chance of sparkle and shine so far.:(
A truly dire showing devoid of ideas, no threat, to many back passes , no zing, plodding performance. The game is being spoilt by a card happy ref that also isn't helping.
As ever I'm hopefull that the second half has more energy and purpose than the rubbish first half but.......................

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Second half picked up, pressure on, better to watch, sat back again in second extra time and nearly lost it, never want penalties

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Alls well that ends well phew. But the footy⚽ was poor for the majority of the game and much improvement will be needed to progress any further.

England have had a good weekend, they won the world cup of darts 10 -6 against Austria, won the rugby international away 40-8 against France and now after winning the footy in the Euros they get to play Switzerland.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
"The best form of defence is attack", said no recent England football manager ever.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Minutes to go. I do hope we play with a "win the game" attitude and not a with the "scared to lose, dare not make mistake" mind set. I don't want a game where the thought is I'll pass it back to someone else so I don't screw up, but rather taking a more positive approach, I'll get past this guy and then move it up the field to some bloke in the same colour shirt as me.

C'MON INGERLAND

Back